Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57
Like Tree19Likes
  1. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #1  
    Now some of us have successfully activated our veers, however it seems that the veers are using some sort of temporary profile called Dr.Bypass Firstuse (or something along those lines). Normally this will not sync your apps and other information from your profile. Unless you provide use the Firstuse program again or use some sort of patch. This method will fix that without using any unnecessary patches by only using Impostah and make sure you can sync you apps and other things connected to your profile.

    Hopefully this tutorial will help out new users like myself who are probably confused on what to do(Well I wasn’t . Just saying). I didn’t find any guide like this, so if it’s been posted before, sorry about that.

    (This small tutorial assumes this is the first boot of your phone. If your phone is activated already but still has the temporary profile then head on to step 5.) (An unlock is also necessary, as the Firstboot will not run without a sim card inserted.)

    1) Turn on phone (duh ) At this point you need a sim card in the phone. If you already turned on the phone, you can still put it in after it boots.

    2) Once Firstboot runs press on the bottom right corner of the screen(it will display a phone symbol) and select emergency call

    3) delete the 911 number (unless you want to call them… I suggest not to) and type in #*DEVMODE#

    4) The Dev mode option should appear, enable it and reboot the phone

    5) Once the Dev mode is enabled and the phone is rebooted connect the phone to your pc and run webOS Quick Install (download the latest here:http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html)

    6) Install Impostah. Don’t bother installing Preware right now; it’ll get deleted after doing this tutorial if you do

    7) On the phone connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot. In the Event that you do not have any sort of Wi-Fi available download a program called Connectify. It will turn your PC into a hotspot provided you have compatible hardware. It can be found here :Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify

    8) Once you’re done turn off backups. Aftewards run Impostah

    9) Run activation and input your login credentials. Either login or create a new profile

    10) Go back and select accounts. Higlight Dr.Skipped Firstboot and select delete. Afterwards go back again and select Palm profile, then Reset Palm Profile, it will now ask you to reboot.

    11) Once reboot finishes Firstboot should run. Double check that Wi-Fi is still working and if it is then go on ahead and login with your profile.


    Once you login your apps will appear on your phone( at least those that are compatible with it) if you have a previous palm device. Also any previously installed third party apps will be gone as well. To fix that connect your phone and run Quick Install on your PC. Now reinstall Preware and the rest of your apps.

    If you want to check if activation was successful go here https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

    here you can find out the attached devices in your profile as well as get the latest webOS doctor incase your Veer wont boot up

    After that you're done
    please be nice.. this is my first tutorial here
    Last edited by tEhLoNeR; 09/14/2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: i missed a step>_> sorry
  2. #2  
    how can i type #*DEVMODE# on screen?

    I can type only numbers.
  3. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazydesi View Post
    how can i type #*DEVMODE# on screen?

    I can type only numbers.
    You could use the keyboard, I suppose?

  4. #4  
    No use the dialer. #*DEVMODE# = #*3386633#
    lazydesi likes this.
  5. #5  
    Is this setup also for people want to access us paid apps from outside us country?
  6. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kokyong57 View Post
    Is this setup also for people want to access us paid apps from outside us country?
    never tried it, but i guess you can feel free to try it out
    just set your region to US when you register for an account

    see here
    App Catalog Geo-Restrictions a thing of the past? | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
  7. #7  
    I created a profile for my TouchPad. Can i use that same profile for the Veer? Thanks!
  8. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    That article is related to both my Veers and quite irrelevant to the question asked.
    It was also erratic behaviour of the profile servers experienced on some devices (old and new).

    For any region the same applies: valid payment options.
    So either a valid credit card from that region, or a virtual card (funded by a friend in that country).
    i skimmed the article, must have misunderstood it, thanks for the correction

    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    I created a profile for my TouchPad. Can i use that same profile for the Veer? Thanks!
    yup, i had a touchpad beforehand and used the same profile
  9. Thundercy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #9  
    Good morning everyone,
    A noob question here,
    I finally managed to get into my Veer's system menu using Devmode,
    I also downloaded and is working Webos quick install.
    I managed to install impostah but now at the point were i need to turn off backups it keeps saying i need an internet connection which i do through wifi.
    Another thing is that the device asks me to update it should i do this or wait .?
    Last edited by Thundercy; 09/23/2011 at 04:25 AM.
  10. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercy View Post
    Good morning everyone,
    A noob question here,
    I finally managed to get into my Veer's system menu using Devmode,
    I also downloaded and is working Webos quick install.
    I managed to install impostah but now at the point were i need to turn off backups it keeps saying i need an internet connection which i do through wifi.
    Another thing is that the device asks me to update it should i do this or wait .?
    Same thing here it keep telling there is no internet connection whereas I setup my wifi using connectify & I can access amazon mp3 store(in veer), search for different songs, artists from within veer, so I can confirmly say that the internet is working. Is there any solution, I am stuck at this from the last 3 days.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post

    3) delete the 911 number (unless you want to call themů I suggest not to) and type in #*DEVMODE#
    In order to type it , am i supposed to use the qwerty keyboard of the veer or the virtual "on screen" keyboad?
  12. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    In order to type it , am i supposed to use the qwerty keyboard of the veer or the virtual "on screen" keyboad?
    use physical keyboard for typing #* as soon as u do that on screen keyboard will fire up with which u can finish entering the remaining number
  13. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    Same thing here it keep telling there is no internet connection whereas I setup my wifi using connectify & I can access amazon mp3 store(in veer), search for different songs, artists from within veer, so I can confirmly say that the internet is working. Is there any solution, I am stuck at this from the last 3 days.
    check if your hardware is compatable with connectify
    if it is and its not working, try using an actual router, it may be connectify thats causing problems, i know that TP cant connect using kalemsoft media player for streams while using connectify, but on an actual router it can

    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    In order to type it , am i supposed to use the qwerty keyboard of the veer or the virtual "on screen" keyboad?
    either is fine, but the on screen keyboard will be the easiest, as you have to type in the numbers the letters correspond to
  14. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    check if your hardware is compatable with connectify
    if it is and its not working, try using an actual router, it may be connectify thats causing problems, i know that TP cant connect using kalemsoft media player for streams while using connectify, but on an actual router it can
    Actually I've already got solved that problem, it turns out to be the drivers issue(of the wifi hardware of the laptop), by the way thanks for the layman guide. Now struggling to get data to work on my veer, not even 2g is working.
  15. Argyle's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #15  
    I have a feeling I already screwed up my primary Palm Profile, but I've been having a lot of problems with my new Veer....

    Had a Palm Profile with a 1.4.5 Pre and a TouchPad on it
    No AT&T service, but I have an unlocked Veer and a T-Mobile SIM card with no data service

    Before:
    Basically followed this tutorial.
    Installed T-Mobile SIM. Went to devmode, installed Impostah, set up wifi, activated using Impostah, deleted Dr Skipped Firstuse profile, reset Palm Profile.

    Tried to sign in for first use, get this error after signing in:

    "Data Not Restored. We were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If you need help, visit palm.com/support/."

    Got frustrated, created new Palm Profile instead. This worked...but then I still wanted to use my original profile, so I reset everything and tried again (this time with a T-Mobile SIM with data) - still the same error message, even when I try to sign in with the brand new clean profile.

    Any advice? It's been days...weeks since I got the phone, since it's a secondary phone I kinda put in on the back burner, but now I'm trying to get it sorted out. I suppose I could make a third profile since I have given up trying to get all my apps back but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had any advice...
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    use physical keyboard for typing #* as soon as u do that on screen keyboard will fire up with which u can finish entering the remaining number
    Ok so i will type those 2 symbols with the physical qwerty keyboard.

    Since i am new to webos let me aski you one more thing (i am a real noob). Those symbols need to be typed witha key combination with the "up" arrow? Like this:

    ImageShack Album - 2 images
  17. #17  
    I can't get backups to actually turn off. I tried connectify. Wifi analyzer shows it but the Veer doesn't see it. I tried my local wireless network and it connects and I can browse the internet but Backup complains that there's no internet connection???

    I have an unactivated TMobile card and it won't be activated until monday. Is that why I can't go any further?
  18. #18  
    i also cant off autoback up....argghh..
  19. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
       #19  
    try using impostah first, make an account(or link it), and then turn off backup
  20. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm1200 View Post
    I can't get backups to actually turn off. I tried connectify. Wifi analyzer shows it but the Veer doesn't see it. I tried my local wireless network and it connects and I can browse the internet but Backup complains that there's no internet connection???

    I have an unactivated TMobile card and it won't be activated until monday. Is that why I can't go any further?
    Quote Originally Posted by theruler008 View Post
    i also cant off autoback up....argghh..
    I've had exactly same problem & had stuck at this for 3 days at trying to turn off backup, then I used impostah & created account then tried to turnoff it worked. So, that's the way.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions