Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    ty will try it..
    for me its still not working...
    Hello I need help to buy a hp Colombia veer the suit I can not create the user, as they have to be with the SIM card of the company you buy it in this case AT & TI wonder if there is a way to bypass this step of the registration?
    I miss the registration as a user? and as I enter devmode so I put the code and nothing happens I need help please
    avoid registration as a user? and as I enter devmode so I put the code and nothing happens I need help please
    avoid registration as a user? and as I enter devmode so I put the code and nothing happens I need help please, I do not see the devmode
    Looks like I am getting a brand new veer this friday. I have tmobile and would like to use a veer with it. I already have my profile from my old sprint pre as well as a touchpad. Do I need to unlock my veer first in order to use this guide to get my veer going? Or can I activate my phone and then unlock it at a later time?
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    I am having problem with this step:

10) Go back and select accounts. Higlight Dr.Skipped Firstboot and select delete. Afterwards go back again and select Palm profile, then Reset Palm Profile, it will now ask you to reboot.

I went back to "Accounts" (in the "system" page of the launcher) but cannot delete anything
    I am stuck at the deleting dr skipped first boot as well. I am trying this procedure on a pre3, any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenrushing View Post
    I am stuck at the deleting dr skipped first boot as well. I am trying this procedure on a pre3, any suggestions?
    I found out why do we have such a problem ... we don't have to go to the "accounts" in the "system" page but in the "accounts" inside impostah!!!

Hi, I have just purchased an unlocked veer from ebay. The only problem was activating the phone. Whenever i open impostah it says "Service error(Get Deviceid)". I also wanted to know.. how long does it take to install impostah on the HP Veer 4G??
    I think.....I think i did it right!
    Great Tutorial. Really easy to follow. Now on to patching this badboy!!!
    Cheers
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Thanks a ton for the tutorial. Though I had seen the delete accounts and reset palm profile option earlier in Impostah, never were sure, if they would help my cause. Glad that you tried out and posted it back, for others to benefit.

It would help, if you correct the tutorial to mention that turning off backups should happen, after you 'Activate' via Impostah [swapping of steps 8 & 9].

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    Now some of us have successfully activated our veers, however it seems that the veers are using some sort of temporary profile called Dr.Bypass Firstuse (or something along those lines). Normally this will not sync your apps and other information from your profile. Unless you provide use the Firstuse program again or use some sort of patch. This method will fix that without using any unnecessary patches by only using Impostah and make sure you can sync you apps and other things connected to your profile.

Hopefully this tutorial will help out new users like myself who are probably confused on what to do(Well I wasnít . Just saying). I didnít find any guide like this, so if itís been posted before, sorry about that.

(This small tutorial assumes this is the first boot of your phone. If your phone is activated already but still has the temporary profile then head on to step 5.) (An unlock is also necessary, as the Firstboot will not run without a sim card inserted.)

1) Turn on phone (duh ) At this point you need a sim card in the phone. If you already turned on the phone, you can still put it in after it boots.

2) Once Firstboot runs press on the bottom right corner of the screen(it will display a phone symbol) and select emergency call

3) delete the 911 number (unless you want to call themÖ I suggest not to) and type in #*DEVMODE#

4) The Dev mode option should appear, enable it and reboot the phone

5) Once the Dev mode is enabled and the phone is rebooted connect the phone to your pc and run webOS Quick Install (download the latest here:http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html)

6) Install Impostah. Donít bother installing Preware right now; itíll get deleted after doing this tutorial if you do

7) On the phone connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot. In the Event that you do not have any sort of Wi-Fi available download a program called Connectify. It will turn your PC into a hotspot provided you have compatible hardware. It can be found here :Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify

8) Once youíre done turn off backups. Aftewards run Impostah

9) Run activation and input your login credentials. Either login or create a new profile

10) Go back and select accounts. Higlight Dr.Skipped Firstboot and select delete. Afterwards go back again and select Palm profile, then Reset Palm Profile, it will now ask you to reboot.

11) Once reboot finishes Firstboot should run. Double check that Wi-Fi is still working and if it is then go on ahead and login with your profile.

Once you login your apps will appear on your phone( at least those that are compatible with it) if you have a previous palm device. Also any previously installed third party apps will be gone as well. To fix that connect your phone and run Quick Install on your PC. Now reinstall Preware and the rest of your apps.

If you want to check if activation was successful go here https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

here you can find out the attached devices in your profile as well as get the latest webOS doctor incase your Veer wont boot up

After that you're done
    please be nice.. this is my first tutorial here
    Respected sir

After going through reviews and knowing the functions of HP VEER 4G, I was much impressed. I bought HP VEER 4G (Locked to AT&T) through Amazon and brought it to India, my place. I contacted AT&T and received the Unlock Code also.

I thought that this/your tutorial should be of good help in my case. But I am stuck somewhere. I have a new sim card from AIRCEL (India). I inserted this sim in the phone. After switching on for the first time, phone asked for creating my profile -name, gmail and password. After entering them, the phone searched for the network and failed to reach AT&T. Then I clicked the phone symbol and tried. Then it asked for the unlock code. I entered the code given by AT&T. But, the phone displayed "Incorrect Code. Try again". I tried 2 or 3 times, every time getting the same message.

Then I read your thread in WebOS Nation. I tried your method. In the 3rd step, I did not know how to enter #*DEVMODE# . I tried #*3386633#. Then phone asked for unlock code. There I got stuck up in this stage again. I do not know how to proceed further.

Can you help me in this regard? Is typing #*3386633# for #*DEVMODE# correct? Please help me. Thank you very much in advance.
    Thanks for the walk-through, just got my Veer a couple of days ago, and finally picked up a SIM today. I did find it strange that even though I had a data connection through my carrier it was still saying there was no internet connection. Lucky for me this thread was only 2 pages long, so it didn't take me long to figure out what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    Now some of us have successfully activated our veers, however it seems that the veers are using some sort of temporary profile called Dr.Bypass Firstuse (or something along those lines). Normally this will not sync your apps and other information from your profile. Unless you provide use the Firstuse program again or use some sort of patch. This method will fix that without using any unnecessary patches by only using Impostah and make sure you can sync you apps and other things connected to your profile.

Hopefully this tutorial will help out new users like myself who are probably confused on what to do(Well I wasn’t . Just saying). I didn’t find any guide like this, so if it’s been posted before, sorry about that.

(This small tutorial assumes this is the first boot of your phone. If your phone is activated already but still has the temporary profile then head on to step 5.) (An unlock is also necessary, as the Firstboot will not run without a sim card inserted.)

1) Turn on phone (duh ) At this point you need a sim card in the phone. If you already turned on the phone, you can still put it in after it boots.

2) Once Firstboot runs press on the bottom right corner of the screen(it will display a phone symbol) and select emergency call

3) delete the 911 number (unless you want to call them… I suggest not to) and type in #*DEVMODE#

4) The Dev mode option should appear, enable it and reboot the phone

5) Once the Dev mode is enabled and the phone is rebooted connect the phone to your pc and run webOS Quick Install (download the latest here:http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...k-install.html)

6) Install Impostah. Don’t bother installing Preware right now; it’ll get deleted after doing this tutorial if you do

7) On the phone connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot. In the Event that you do not have any sort of Wi-Fi available download a program called Connectify. It will turn your PC into a hotspot provided you have compatible hardware. It can be found here :Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify

8) Once you’re done turn off backups. Aftewards run Impostah

9) Run activation and input your login credentials. Either login or create a new profile

11) Once reboot finishes Firstboot should run. Double check that Wi-Fi is still working and if it is then go on ahead and login with your profile.

Once you login your apps will appear on your phone( at least those that are compatible with it) if you have a previous palm device. Also any previously installed third party apps will be gone as well. To fix that connect your phone and run Quick Install on your PC. Now reinstall Preware and the rest of your apps.

If you want to check if activation was successful go here https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

here you can find out the attached devices in your profile as well as get the latest webOS doctor incase your Veer wont boot up

After that you're done
    please be nice.. this is my first tutorial here
    tried what was described on my palm veer, typed in #*DEVMODE#
    The Dev mode option appear, enable it and reboot the phone
    got a black screen with voice option to dial a number turned off phone now black screen no responce from phone
    Quote Originally Posted by banc3052 View Post
    tried what was described on my palm veer, typed in #*DEVMODE#
    The Dev mode option appear, enable it and reboot the phone
    got a black screen with voice option to dial a number turned off phone now black screen no responce from phone
    is it possible to to donload rogam in yahoo as i dont use outlook .
    kinda worried no response from phone not even appearing when sync to computer need help.
    (staff edit -- removed email, respond by PM)
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/28/2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by banc3052 View Post
    is it possible to to donload rogam in yahoo as i dont use outlook .
    kinda worried no response from phone not even appearing when sync to computer need help (staff edit -- removed email, respond by PM)
    If your phone is completely black and not responding, plug it into the wall for a couple of hours and make sure your battery is charged. It should light up once it's around 5%. Once you've confirmed you have a charge, we can go on from there.
    ok did that
    turned on to make sure saw 3 options airplane mode is one of them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast