Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    The "Sync" prefs?
    Just briefly (I'll do my best to explain):

Under the sync header. "Show Email" represents how long your phone will store a backlog of your emails. "All" means every single email you've ever recieved on your Yahoo account, will be synced with your phone, and you can access it if you need it. For example, you need an email someone sent you 6 months ago, you can search for it, and it will be on the phone. This will take up the most space.

If you recieve a collosal amount of emails, that might not be a smart option, instead you can only sync 7 days worth, and all the last 7 days worth of emails, will be accessible to you on your phone.

The other option, "Get Email" is really straightforward. It is basically "Send and Receive". "5 minutes" will mean, every 5 minutes, your phone will check for new email. "6 hours" will mean every 6 hours. "As items arrive" means, its always checking, and as soon as your yahoo account gets an email, your phone will get it instantly. However this sucks battery. Your decision.

Hope this is what you meant?

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Yes, thanks!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    is the original setup flawed in some way that we need to do this manual setup? IS there a patch for that?
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    I don't know what's going on here again, but I cannot 'send' emails from my VEER. It's YAHOO and I've spent hours with HP tech support to no avail. It receives emails fine. Thanks.

Edit: Tried this with some success. Now I don't get alerts on the VEER when a new email comes in. Everything else seems to work.

Palm Pre and Yahoo Email
    I have an interesting situation...

I purchased my Palm Pre on 8/30/2009. I set up my yahoo email based upon my settings on my Treo 755p which worked well. My settings were as follows:

Incoming Server = pop.yahoo.com
    Email = <user>@swbell.net
    Port = 995
    Encryption = SSL

Outgoing Server = palm.smtp.yahoo.com
    Email =<user>@swbell.net
    Use Authentication = Yes
    Port = 465
    Encryption = SSL
    Last edited by tekis; 03/26/2012 at 09:21 PM.
  5.    #25  
    Yahoo mail works fine on my Veer. Incoming and outgoing mail.
    My only suggestion would be to delete your yahoo accounts and re-load them again.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Back to 'normal.' Finally (this time...).
    It seems that the Yahoo SMTP service was having issues during past days
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12