Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    just wanted an opinion on going from Pre- to veer. I have a touchpad and was
    hoping that I would be please with the phone. Aside from the form factor change what do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Apart from the smaller screen size it's great. Much better build quality than the pre-/+ and a great keyboard.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Veer is better in almost every way, but it has a smaller screen and lower resolution, so some apps you have may not work. (And there are fewer apps for Pixi/Veer resolution.)
    Oh and Veer has webOS 2.x, so unless you already have 2.x doctored on your Pre-, this is a huge advancement.
    You will love it

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I've had a Veer for a few weeks and recently picked up a Pre 2. After getting used to the Veer's keyboard, it seemed like the keys on the Pre and Pre2 were huge. I think I'm going to use the Veer for normal day to day stuff since it's smaller, has a faster data connection, and has better battery life. The Pre2 is going to be my 'travel phone' since it fits nicely in the ProClip dash mount in my car, has more space for mp3s, and I can leave my magnetic connectors plugged in at home.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I jumped from a pre- to a veer and never looked back. The veer is leaps and bounds better than all the pre-s I had.
    completely satisfied, though I wish Touch to Share would work
    everything seems better on the Veer
    the smaller size seems less a problem than I would have thought
    build quality seems better
    downloads are faster & even GPS seems to work better
    very happy with my upgrade
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    thanks for all the replies
    Agreed with everyone, the Veer is amazing compared to the original Pre and will make your Pre look HUGE. Pre2 for the wife will be here tomorrow, so we will see how that compares to the Veer (I have a feeling I am going to be a lil jealous).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...