1.    #1  
    I was hoping to get a Veer (unlocked) from the US, and give it as a present for my GF here in the UK.

However, i was wondering about service on O2, and whether this would be any problems. I donít really wanna give her a non-working phone!!!

She doesnt really use mobile internet so thats not much of a problem.

If its ok, might even get one for myself!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B0MBACI View Post
    Does the AT&T versions have AT&T branding? If so can you debrand it?
    There is an AT&T logo printed at the back of the Veer. Maybe you can sand it off with a lump of sugar. I've done that once with another phone.
    On the phone there's an AT&T bootlogo, but you can rename that (with Internalz Pro), and it will not show again.
    I'm not sure if the Veer is available unlocked. I know it is available off contract but I think it is still locked to AT&T. There is a thread around here about Digital Unlock who has an unlocking service for the Veer.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, thats probably what i would do!! Then get it sent over here!!

I’m just not sure on the service. I know it would work, but how well is my question.

Would be cool to have one, as i haven’t seen anyone with one of these badboys!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    I purchased one via eBay from the States, purchased the unlock code from Digital Unlock and am using it with O2, and it works just like any other O2 phone I had previously (except it's WebOS, which is nice).
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $o2$ $UK$ $uses$ $UMTS$ $frequencies$ $1900$ $and$ $2100$, $which$ $the$ $Veer$ $supports$.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks very much guys!!

I think i've made my mind up!!!

cheers
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B0MBACI View Post
    There is an AT&T logo printed at the back of the Veer. Maybe you can sand it off with a lump of sugar. I've done that once with another phone.
    On the phone there's an AT&T bootlogo, but you can rename that (with Internalz Pro), and it will not show again.
  10.    #10  
    is there another 'standard' 2.1 that is like that of a standard pre?