Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By somline
  1.    #1  
    Like the title say I'm really excited about getting a Veer as of a back up phone since I'm gonna get the iPhone 5. Anyways, I figure since I got me the TP it would go alone nicely to have something that sync together! Did I get a good deal? HP Veer with touchtone and a car charger in black! I missed the early auction at $91 in white which is what I really wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pogeypre; 09/12/2011 at 11:43 AM.
    The veer will not sync with the touchpad
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B0MBACI View Post
    ??

Both the TP and the Veer sync with the same sources so they are, in effect, in sync. I add or change an entry on my Veer and it's there on my TP moments later.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by B0MBACI View Post
    lol wat?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    think he meant touch to share...which hes right atm

i just got a veer too, cant wait for the update that enables it
    you won't be able to use touch-to-share yet (hopefully someday), but with the bluetooth connection between the touchpad and veer you'll at least be able to take calls on the touchpad and possiblly sms. There have been reported issues with texting using the touchpad and veer.so yes you can sync but its not as useful as it could be. I'm not sure if palm profile items transfer (apps, contacts, emails, etc) but I would guess they do.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    touch-to-share != sync
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    Like the title say I'm really excited about getting a Veer as of a back up phone since I'm gonna get the iPhone 5. Anyways, I figure since I got me the TP it would go alone nicely to have something that sync together! Did I get a good deal? HP Veer with touchtone and a car charger in black! I missed the early auction at $91 in white which is what I really wanted.
    You got a pretty good price. The fire sale price on them was $50 without the additional accessories.

Personally after dropping my Veer once on the cement, I am happy I went with black. There is a little marring in the finish, but it is not as visible as I would imagine it would have been on the white.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Sorry to hear that, It was a big mistake to get the Veer.
    You will not like the eyePhone anymore.
    Xethur and Frenzalo like this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The Veer is no mistake, great little phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The Veer is no mistake, great little phone.
    You probably haven't read my post. I have a Veer and if you start using it you will not use any other phone, including the |phone
    I meant indeed touch-to-share

normal sync will work fine.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You probably haven't read my post. I have a Veer and if you start using it you will not use any other phone, including the |phone
    You're right...tired today.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    think he meant touch to share...which hes right atm

i just got a veer too, cant wait for the update that enables it
    yea that's wat I was thinking. I like how you can answer call and reply sms from your TP. I don't care much about the touch to share. Cuz I know I'm not gonna surf much on tiny veer and put it whatever web I was looking on the TP lol.