Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    The mute ringer switch on my Treo 750 was almost like a hardware interrupt of the audio output of system sounds; if it was muted, nothing came out. On the Veer, and it was the same on the Pre 2, game sounds still get through.

How can we make the status of the ringer switch take a higher priority such that all apps respect its status?
    Rob created a patch called "Really sillent ringer with mute" http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...er-switch.html
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Awesome thanks!
    Just so you know, and I confirmed this with Jason, when you unmute the phone it doesn't turn up the volume for the media, it still turns the volume back up for the ringer. When you go to play something like music, you will most likely need to use the volume rocker (small price to pay, just didn't want you thinking it broke your volume).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just so you know, and I confirmed this with Jason, when you unmute the phone it doesn't turn up the volume for the media, it still turns the volume back up for the ringer. When you go to play something like music, you will most likely need to use the volume rocker (small price to pay, just didn't want you thinking it broke your volume).
    I have noticed that. It didn't happen on my pixi. Interesting.
    yeah didn't happen on my Pre either, thinking Jason and others have been so busy with the TP and various 2.x and Pre3 updates that it hasn't been really looked at. Also Jason said he believes its a bug in the patch IIRC when I hit him on twitter.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    the TP is where the webos developers are going to make money. I can certainly understand the logic behind focusing on the TP