Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I recently bought 6 HP Veers from HP Retail Store. These are AT&T branded and I would like to unlock them and I dont wish to spend a dime on purchasing unlock services. When I contacted AT&T, they could not unlock the devices (they were ready to unlock but the system wouldn't let them unlock it). Next I contacted HP webOS tech support for HP Veer and asked them for the unlock code and they didn't know anything about it.

    I got them to call AT&T customer service in conference and asked them to speak to each other because AT&T *did* say they would unlock it but they didn't have the unlock code and HP tech support did not know anything about the unlock code. So I was like *** am I supposed to do? Ultimately, AT&T pointed fingers at HP and HP pointed fingers at AT&T. I am not sure where to complain. So, if someone is an HP employee here, can you help me out?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    There is an ongoing thread New Veer owners: get your $10 UNLOCK DISCOUNT HERE! where in people interested in a Veer unlock code are pooling in for a bulk purchase at a substantially idscounted price. You may want to sign up for that.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3. #3  
    They did same BS to me too when i had pre+. But i got my unlock code because tgat devicd was under my account more than 90 days. you have right to get unlock code if you used your veer more than 90 days. Thats all you need to know. Search "att unlock policy"
    T2T3 likes this.
  4. #4  
    AT&T Wireless- What is the unlock code for my phone?

    AT&T will provide the Unlock Code for phones on wireless plans if:

    Your wireless service has been active for 90 days or longer
    Your account is current and in good standing
    Your phone is not sold exclusively by us
    Your phone's Unlock Code is available from the Manufacturer


    AT&T will provide the Unlock Code for AT&T branded phones on Prepaid plans to customers who have either been on AT&T service for 6 months or longer, or provide a receipt or other proof of purchase.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    AT&T Wireless- What is the unlock code for my phone?

    AT&T will provide the Unlock Code for phones on wireless plans if:

    Your wireless service has been active for 90 days or longer
    Your account is current and in good standing
    Your phone is not sold exclusively by us
    Your phone's Unlock Code is available from the Manufacturer


    AT&T will provide the Unlock Code for AT&T branded phones on Prepaid plans to customers who have either been on AT&T service for 6 months or longer, or provide a receipt or other proof of purchase.
    So is it still possible? I just bought 1 on ebay and I have family members that are on ATT for years now.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you all for your replies.

    Sanjay, it's a matter of principle. I don't wish to spend my hard earned money on getting an unlock code when I am *entitled* to get a free one from HP/AT&T. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, though. Why don't we all pool in and get AT&T/HP to unlock these devices. Infact HP should be unlocking them as they're no longer going to provide support and it's a deprecated product now anyways.


    bluenote, this device needs to be active on my account for 60 days, right? But the locking makes sense only if the device is subsidized but in this case I (we) have paid full retail in which case it's my device and I can do whatever the heck I want to with it. I am going to try a AT&T retail outlet and see how it goes. Anybody else, any ideas?
  7. #7  
    do keep us updated- i was wondering about the same thing - have 2 veers i'd like to give as gifts :_
  8. #8  
    The Veer is exclusive to ATT in the US, as such, they have no obligation to provide you with an unlock code, free or otherwise. When I contacted ATT and got escalated a few steps up the ladder to a dept. head they told me that it is unlikely ATT will be providing unlock codes for the Veer for at least the next 12 months, minimum.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
    The Veer is exclusive to ATT in the US, as such, they have no obligation to provide you with an unlock code, free or otherwise. When I contacted ATT and got escalated a few steps up the ladder to a dept. head they told me that it is unlikely ATT will be providing unlock codes for the Veer for at least the next 12 months, minimum.
    Any reason of why would they do that? That doesn't sound like a good customers experience you want from ATT. I have tmobile, and everytime I buy a tmobile phone I ask for the unlock code and no question ask. They will just email it to me as long I've been with them for over 6 months which I have been for the last past decade.
  10. HomeLite's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralel View Post
    The Veer is exclusive to ATT in the US, as such, they have no obligation to provide you with an unlock code, free or otherwise. When I contacted ATT and got escalated a few steps up the ladder to a dept. head they told me that it is unlikely ATT will be providing unlock codes for the Veer for at least the next 12 months, minimum.
    Are unlock codes device specific? As in, could we call ATT and ask for an unlock code for a non-exclusive phone and put it into the Veer?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeLite View Post
    Are unlock codes device specific? As in, could we call ATT and ask for an unlock code for a non-exclusive phone and put it into the Veer?
    They are specific to the extent that each phone has its own unlock code.
  12.    #12  
    Minor update. Have gotten this issue to HP corp support and they said they will try to get the unlock codes but they are very skeptical if they can get them at all. If they can't get them then they actually suggested I buy unlock services from some 3rd party to unlock the phones (in which case I'll be hammering the AT&T customer support to give me the unlock codes).

    Paralel, how did you escalate this issue to AT&T customer support? I have been an AT&T customer for 3 years now. Twice when I contacted the customer support, they were ready to unlock the devices but they said they did not have the unlock codes from HP (which seems ridiculous to me). Have you tried going to an AT&T retail store? Is there some AT&T corporate support that we all can approach to get ALL our devices unlocked since HP wont be supporting them in the future? AT&T will do this only if they realize it'll be bigger headache for them NOT to unlock our devices because many of us have multiple devices and we're certainly not going to use all of them with AT&T and just pester AT&T until they give us the codes.

    I find it hard to believe that we don't have an AT&T or HP employee (in this community) that can help us with this issue!

    Edit: Not that anybody here cares, I got the unlock codes today. It took them a couple weeks to find the right person and the codes. I hope all of you are happy spending $40 for what is rightfully yours... As Barnum used to say ... "There's a sucker born every minute". Good luck forking over your cash.
    Last edited by veeruser; 09/29/2011 at 01:51 AM.
    every1talk2me likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeruser View Post
    Minor update. Have gotten this issue to HP corp support and they said they will try to get the unlock codes but they are very skeptical if they can get them at all. If they can't get them then they actually suggested I buy unlock services from some 3rd party to unlock the phones (in which case I'll be hammering the AT&T customer support to give me the unlock codes).

    Paralel, how did you escalate this issue to AT&T customer support? I have been an AT&T customer for 3 years now. Twice when I contacted the customer support, they were ready to unlock the devices but they said they did not have the unlock codes from HP (which seems ridiculous to me). Have you tried going to an AT&T retail store? Is there some AT&T corporate support that we all can approach to get ALL our devices unlocked since HP wont be supporting them in the future? AT&T will do this only if they realize it'll be bigger headache for them NOT to unlock our devices because many of us have multiple devices and we're certainly not going to use all of them with AT&T and just pester AT&T until they give us the codes.

    I find it hard to believe that we don't have an AT&T or HP employee (in this community) that can help us with this issue!

    Edit: Not that anybody here cares, I got the unlock codes today. It took them a couple weeks to find the right person and the codes. I hope all of you are happy spending $40 for what is rightfully yours... As Barnum used to say ... "There's a sucker born every minute". Good luck forking over your cash.


    I care! How did you get the unlock codes?
  14. #14  
    How did you do it? And who gave you the unlock code ATT or HP webOs support?

    I am on the phone with AT&T customer care and they cite their exclusivity agreement with HP for this device as the reason of not having the unlocking code.

    I am OK to wait for a few more days if I can get it, and I am surely not shy of any leg work that needs to be done.

    So this is as it stands now:
    My call with ATT customer care is just going in circles, I spoke to her for 15 min, then I spoke to her supervisor for another 20 minutes and he just kept asking me to return this phone and buy a new one from ATT.

    Will try again tomorrow...
    Last edited by every1talk2me; 09/30/2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Updating after I ended the call today
  15. #15  
    LOL you seriously believe this guy?

    If you guys struck gold on an AT&T/HP free unlock, would you be this 'vague' about it.
    You would be typing phone notes and rep names.

    I say Pictures or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 09/30/2011 at 04:38 PM.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    LOL you seriously believe this guy?

    If you guys struck gold on an AT&T/HP free unlock, would you be this 'vague' about it.
    You would be typing phone notes and rep names.

    I say Pictures or it didn't happen.

    We can only hope.. btw.. in case this is a faux, anybody know anything about this site? Unlock HP Veer mobiles with an Unlock Code it is pretty cheap compared to the $39 unlocker
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mynamevincenttt View Post
    We can only hope.. btw.. in case this is a faux, anybody know anything about this site? Unlock HP Veer mobiles with an Unlock Code it is pretty cheap compared to the $39 unlocker
    mobilefreedom will take your money, admit they don't have your code in their database, and refund the money.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeruser View Post
    Minor update. Have gotten this issue to HP corp support and they said they will try to get the unlock codes but they are very skeptical if they can get them at all. If they can't get them then they actually suggested I buy unlock services from some 3rd party to unlock the phones (in which case I'll be hammering the AT&T customer support to give me the unlock codes).

    Paralel, how did you escalate this issue to AT&T customer support? I have been an AT&T customer for 3 years now. Twice when I contacted the customer support, they were ready to unlock the devices but they said they did not have the unlock codes from HP (which seems ridiculous to me). Have you tried going to an AT&T retail store? Is there some AT&T corporate support that we all can approach to get ALL our devices unlocked since HP wont be supporting them in the future? AT&T will do this only if they realize it'll be bigger headache for them NOT to unlock our devices because many of us have multiple devices and we're certainly not going to use all of them with AT&T and just pester AT&T until they give us the codes.

    I find it hard to believe that we don't have an AT&T or HP employee (in this community) that can help us with this issue!

    Edit: Not that anybody here cares, I got the unlock codes today. It took them a couple weeks to find the right person and the codes. I hope all of you are happy spending $40 for what is rightfully yours... As Barnum used to say ... "There's a sucker born every minute". Good luck forking over your cash.
    why don't you do us all a favorite and tell us how you got the code?
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    kataran likes this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeruser View Post
    "There's a sucker born every minute".
    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    why don't you do us all a favorite and tell us how you got the code?
    He's talking about himself.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by veeruser View Post
    Thank you all for your replies.

    Sanjay, it's a matter of principle. I don't wish to spend my hard earned money on getting an unlock code when I am *entitled* to get a free one from HP/AT&T. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, though. Why don't we all pool in and get AT&T/HP to unlock these devices. Infact HP should be unlocking them as they're no longer going to provide support and it's a deprecated product now anyways.


    bluenote, this device needs to be active on my account for 60 days, right? But the locking makes sense only if the device is subsidized but in this case I (we) have paid full retail in which case it's my device and I can do whatever the heck I want to with it. I am going to try a AT&T retail outlet and see how it goes. Anybody else, any ideas?
    Code word for I purchased these devices for $49 and wish to resale them for a hefty profit. If I unlock them to make more profit, it is negated as that will eat into my earnings. Please help, I don't want my hours of time combing the lines of Sunnyvale to be in vain!
    perryoxide likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions