Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I just got my HP VEER today.
    I was thinking of moving from Tmobile 49.99 plan with unlimited web text and voice by unlocking it

I was wondering whether my Hp Veer will support Tmoible 3G/4G services . As Tmoible 3g 4G services works on 1700/2100 band and HP Veer only has 2100
    Any guys are using Tmoible on HP Veer

Thanks
    I'm on TMo. I've got an "E" icon. Is that Edge?
    Last edited by tekis; 09/10/2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I think E means EDEGE !
    How is the speed of data ?
    No 4g/3g on tmobile right?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Haha no - E is EDGE - fast enough to be usable and no throttling if you use an EDGE device if your on a 3G device youll get throttled below edge speeds after 100mb
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I called Tmobile and they told me that as they have 2100 Mhz band then you will get 4G service on HP Veer
    now I am confused
    I don't use the internet that much on my phone, so it's not something I pay close attention to. I hate the fact that the phone can read a pdf very well...T-Mobile is supposed to have iPhone 5 in October. Just sayin'...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    id like to know this too, as im getting a veer soon within the week and might upgrade my plan
    you only get edge with t mobile. No 3g or 4g
    Quote Originally Posted by abhig View Post
    I called Tmobile and they told me that as they have 2100 Mhz band then you will get 4G service on HP Veer
    now I am confused
    That's only half right. The long and short of it is that whoever you talked to is incorrect, but here's the deal.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/a...hp?a=99&p=1493

T-Mobile in North America uses the AWS (1700/2100) bands for their 3/4G service. While they use similar bands as existing standards used across the pond, this only makes it easier for phone antennas to support multiple standards. The catch here is that the phone also has to explicitly support the AWS pairing in addition to UTMS and DCS in order for it to work.

While the Veer has the antennas for it, it cannot process AWS, therefore, no T-mobile 4G on the Veer.

Also, I've tried it and I get the sucky EDGE speeds.
    Last edited by Foxeh; 09/14/2011 at 09:23 AM.
    I wouldn't expect anything beyond EDGE on T-Mobile but I can get 3G/HSPA+ on AT&T and 3G on Rogers/Fido in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by seretogis View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything beyond EDGE on T-Mobile but I can get 3G/HSPA+ on AT&T and 3G on Rogers/Fido in Canada.
    I tried tmobile on my veer using their prepaid 4g sim service. I'd say a majority of the time, I only had edge. For some reason, however, when I was in more remote parts of the country I had 4g.

I should say that I'd never seen the 4g icon on my veer before even though I'd get the H+ while on AT&T's system. What was also strange was that when I was on 4g it was always slower than edge. Even "Edge", assuming that's what it was, was getting speeds as fast as 3G according to mobile speed test websites.