Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Curious if its possible to keep a Pre3 and Veer on the same account? During the silly season up until the TP launch I heard you could run the Veer/Pre3 on shared account with the TP so that info updated on the TP also ended up on the phone or vice versa.

Would this be possible with two phones ie when you create a memo on the veer it gets backed up and also ends up on your Pre3 or will it just work between a TP and a phone?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    The Palm profile only allows ONE phone registered to it at a time. On the other hand, it does allow for multiple Touchpads. It could be possible that it is a difference set out by the webOS version, ie. multiple webOS 3.x.x devices are allowed, but not webOS 1.x.x or 2.x.x devices. We won't know this until we have a phone running on webOS 3.x.x
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Good question, which I'm also interested in knowing the answer to.

I just tested it out and my Veer memo is definitely not syncing up to my TouchPad, so I think some settings/apps do transfer over but I haven't seen this happening yet on my side.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I can only have one phone registered with my webOS account at a time. Haven't tried it with two different sims though.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    The Palm profile only allows ONE phone registered to it at a time. On the other hand, it does allow for multiple Touchpads. It could be possible that it is a difference set out by the webOS version, ie. multiple webOS 3.x.x devices are allowed, but not webOS 1.x.x or 2.x.x devices. We won't know this until we have a phone running on webOS 3.x.x
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I don't think we will have phones running 3.x. I think, like Honeycomb for Android, 3.x is tablet-only and that 2.2 will be the phone version that has the goodies from 3.x.
    There is no synchronization between touchpad and phone, even if they share the same profile. The TP will be feed with all info from the phone if it is activated with the same account, but this is a one time only process. There is no further synchronization.

The only thing that is shared between phone and TP on an account is the apps that you buy (if they are available to both TP and your phone, you can download them on both and pay only once).
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    There is no synchronization between touchpad and phone, even if they share the same profile. The TP will be feed with all info from the phone if it is activated with the same account, but this is a one time only process. There is no further synchronization.

The only thing that is shared between phone and TP on an account is the apps that you buy (if they are available to both TP and your phone, you can download them on both and pay only once).
    This is a bit misleading as it omits the fact that both devices can be "in sync" with the same sources. If you set up sync with google calendar, contacts, etc. with both devices they will sync by way of google.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    That's true... But this kind of sync is, of course, not linked to the palm profile.
    This also works for devices on different palm profiles.

In any case any info on the palm profile (like memos or contacts in the palm profile) won't be synced. It's just a one time copy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I pulled the sim from my (ATT)veer and put it into my pre 3 to activate it. Found that Ndrive was not in the app catalog for the pre3, put the sim back into my veer, was told the profile was logged out. Selected not to erase data, and had to reload the Ndrive maps, lost my secustore and data manager databases. I hope to find something that will let me switch between the 2 phones without resetting the data in them each time I change.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    NDrive support told me that they are working to get it onto the Pre3. Hopefully that's true..

There is a method using impostah to prevent a device from being deleted, if the palm profile moves to another device. But the consequence of that is no OTA updates and no appcatalog access on that device anymore.
    The easiest way is to have a second webos profile. Of course that implies buying all paid app again that you want to use on the second phone... for me that was like 5 or 6 apps, which was ok. That were the apps I really use on a daily basis.