Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    This follows on from http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ification.html which is a discussion of this issue on the Pixi.

With a Veer screen real estate is at a premium and it's irritating having a good 20 rows at the bottom of the screen wasted on one tiny bell in the corner letting you know you have an alarm set. Of course you can swipe it away to reclaim your space but that cancels the alarm!

Anyone fancy doing (or done) a hack to move this bell into the notifications area? I would if I knew the first thing about how to get inside webOS (will probably learn once I've settled on Veer vs Pre 3 and which app catalog I'm going to use!).

Greg
    Well I just did this... if the alarm is set to daily, turn on the alarm, go into card view, swipe away bell icon, close card, alarm went off as it should

testing it with a single alarm instance now... worked with a single alarm instance as well

just checked, even if I toss the card then swipe the bell notification, the alarm still shows as on

So after all that, the only time I know of swiping an alarm or even cancels it is if it has been snoozed. The initial alarm still sounds (probably making people go crazy with my alarm going off every 5 minutes).
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/09/2011 at 11:22 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    D'oh, tried that before and didn't seem to work but you're right! Must have my crires wossed

That aside, what's the bell icon doing down the bottom of the screen when every other status icon (wifi, bluetooth, battery etc) is top right? Can we move it?