Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I just got a new unlocked HP Veer from eBay, the problem is that once I turn it on it asks me to create a Palm Profile.
    Since my carrier is not supported or recognized by Palm I'm not able to do it.
    Is there an easy way to bypass this .
    I'm running a windows 7 PC with Ubuntu Linux already installed .

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    After it is not able to connect, you get the option to change internet settings: you should enter your carrier's settings there manually (I got them off my carrier's website: internet apn, username, password).
    When I did that, I got the message a second time. Then I chose retry (or continue trying, not sure what it was) and it worked.

(The first time I tried it, I did not choose retry at the second message. Instead, I decided to go to options again, thinking I had entered something incorrectly and changed something. However I did not get a third possibility to enter the settings. I have done it the way I describe above a few times, after a few full erases. It 'needed' the second message (--> retry) everytime.)
    If you want to use MMS, later on (after setup), you will also need to enter comparable MMS settings.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply ,
    I must have done it like 100 times so far, I mean the "retry" option never worked.
    Do you mind telling me which country you r from couse mine obviously is not suported by HP, I'm from Cyprus myself.