1.    #1  
    Can anyone power up their new Veer and an old Pre, open up the text messaging app and compare the font sizes? I like the size of the Veer but the font on the Pre is almost at my limit to read without my glasses on. Also, the veer is narrower than the Pre but is the keyboard smaller too?
    Tx
    Doug
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    You can check the keyboard size in this review where it's compared to the Pixi and the Pre Plus: HP Veer 4G Review - Everything webOS

I cannot help you with the fontsize. I only have a Veer.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
    You can check the keyboard size in this review where it's compared to the Pixi and the Pre Plus: HP Veer 4G Review - Everything webOS

I cannot help you with the fontsize. I only have a Veer.
    Wow that really helps. I didn't think the keyboard was that much smaller. I think I will keep trying to get a Pre 3. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Can anyone power up their new Veer and an old Pre, open up the text messaging app and compare the font sizes? I like the size of the Veer but the font on the Pre is almost at my limit to read without my glasses on. Also, the veer is narrower than the Pre but is the keyboard smaller too?
    Tx
    Doug
    Absolutely the fonts are smaller on the Veer. Not crazy smaller, but smaller. However, the pixels themselves are also smaller, so text appears a bit sharper as well. But if you're having trouble reading the font in the messaging app on the Pre, it will likely be just as difficult on the Veer, perhaps slightly more so. The Pre and the Veer have the same number of pixels in the width dimension (320). There are some patches for making the messaging app use larger fonts. Of course, that also reduces your screen real estate.

The keyboard is smaller, but it is, in my opinion, infinitely better than the Pre keyboard. The keys are much clickier and have a little bit more travel. So the sensation of having pressed a key is much more positive. The smaller keyboard also allows my fingers to move less, so I find it's actually a bit faster.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer