Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    I have a similar issue with using an iPhone 3GS and the Veer --- my Veer was blocked after a few days of using it. Is it confirmed that unlocking the phone will allow me to continue using the veer with an iPhone data plan? Ideally I'd like to swap back and fourth between them.

I read somewhere else about removing the block, is it complicated once you have the phone unlocked?

Jon
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gotnorhythm View Post
    I have a similar issue with using an iPhone 3GS and the Veer --- my Veer was blocked after a few days of using it. Is it confirmed that unlocking the phone will allow me to continue using the veer with an iPhone data plan? Ideally I'd like to swap back and fourth between them.

I read somewhere else about removing the block, is it complicated once you have the phone unlocked?

Jon
    From what I'm told, a simple phone call to AT&T and to give them the IMEI is all it takes. But yes, this can get annoying. I would maybe swap every week when I go out. But that's it.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Right -- that's basically what I want to do. The smaller veer is appealing as a weekend phone, and when having an iPhone isn't a great idea. But i'd be swapping often enough that calling ATT each time would be less than fun.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gotnorhythm View Post
    Right -- that's basically what I want to do. The smaller veer is appealing as a weekend phone, and when having an iPhone isn't a great idea. But i'd be swapping often enough that calling ATT each time would be less than fun.
    ugh.. I agree and am with you. The thought of calling AT&T when I am headed out the door with my veer for the night ready to enjoy my more portable phone isn't appealing... I guess the real culprit is Apple for putting a non-standard SIM card in there phone... At least more responsible than Palm for making their SIM slot too tight a squeeze for an adapter - which feels like a kinda substandard strategy to begin with.. Although if it worked I don't think I would have complained!
    Give me your ip4 and i could trade you a touchpad.
    Ok unfortunately I did exactly what I didn't want to, when I put my iPhone 4 micro sim card in my Veer it got in too deep and now I don't know how to get it out. I'm scared to damage the pins so I don't want to start sticking tools in there just yet.

Any suggestions?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12