Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tikerz
  • 2 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    $89+$7 shipping. Appears to be off contract but haven't tried it myself. Thought I'd make a post after seeing it on slickdeals. Amazon.com: HP Palm Veer 4G QWERTY Keyboard GSM SmartPhone with WebOS, Touchscreen, WiFi, GPS for AT&T, NO CONTRACT Required: Electronics
    Off contract, but still locked to AT&T. So one must figure in the cost of unlocking, unless one plans to use it only with AT&T.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I would be weary of the seller. New seller, no feedback, and it's ONLY thing he's selling.
    Quills likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I would be weary of the seller. New seller, no feedback, and it's ONLY thing he's selling.
    i agree, plenty tired myself of all these sellers marking up webOS devices.
    Oh and I'd be wary (cautious) of all the first-time sellers, for sure.
    Cantaffordit and gguile like this.
    $89 seems a bit outrageous given the seller purchased the phone for $55 out the door at the HP webOS Store. However, the market is what it is. If you don't like the price, don't buy. Eventually, the price will drop because the seller has inventory carrying costs.
    Dan Donovan
    I don't get it... you think this seller should get in on the sale and then *not* profit at all off the devices he purchased at some degree of risk by selling them and breaking even?

If the guy were selling the phones at no profit, everyone that bought one would turn around and flip it anyhow.

What exactly is wrong with making money?
    nothing wrong with making money and hes not trying to gouge peeps either . i bought one .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Probably those who bought from Sunnyvale or an HP employee. I saw there was a "fire sale by HP employee" of Pre 2s on eBay a while ago.
    Have this model SIM card slot? Can I use this phone after unlocking in EU?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eLzyx View Post
    It will not have 900 MHz UMTS but it is quad GSM and has 1900 MHz UMTS
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eLzyx View Post
    It has the sim slot. You can use it in the EU after unlocking but it won't work with the EU 3G bands, only Edge
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    It has the sim slot. You can use it in the EU after unlocking but it won't work with the EU 3G bands, only Edge
    That's incorrect. I'm in The Netherlands and I have 3G reception on the Veer.

Als HP says:
    HSDPA Cat 10/HSUPA Cat 61
    Tri band UMTS: 850/1900/2100
    Quad-band GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    HP Veer 4G Smartphone | HP Official Site | U.S.

On this website it shows Czech Republic has 3G 2100MHz: GSM World Coverage Map- GSM Country List by frequency bands

I suppose it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    It will not have 900 MHz UMTS but it is quad GSM and has 1900 MHz UMTS
    Actually, the Veer is Quad band 850/900/1800/1900 GSM and Tri-band 850/1900/2100 UMTS (3G).

Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Based on the Tri-band 850/1900/2100 UMTS (3G) specifications, the Veer should work just fine for 3G in Europe and in fact most of the world. The 2100 band is used by pretty much most of the world for 3G.

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Sanjay, how is what I wrote incorrect?
    Ah, I see, I left out the 2100 UMTS...for some reason I though 900/1900 was prevalent in the EU. My bad.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Sanjay, how is what I wrote incorrect?
    Ah, I see, I left out the 2100 UMTS...for some reason I though 900/1900 was prevalent in the EU. My bad.
    It's not so much what you wrote is incorrect, but rather what you did not write. Because the ommission of the 2100 Band, would render 3G inactive in Europe. By the way I have not stated in my post, that you were wrong. All I did was fill in the missing information.