1.    #1  
    is there anyway to get my at&t veer to work on the wind / mobilicity network in canada ?

"Wind Mobile provides UMTS wireless services with High Speed Packet Access for data, using its license on the UMTS IV frequency band, also known as Advanced Wireless Services (AWS). Using this band, user equipment transmits at 17101755 MHz, and receives at 21102155 MHz."

same as t-mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by truffles View Post
    is there anyway to get my at&t veer to work on the wind / mobilicity network in canada ?

"Wind Mobile provides UMTS wireless services with High Speed Packet Access for data, using its license on the UMTS IV frequency band, also known as Advanced Wireless Services (AWS). Using this band, user equipment transmits at 17101755 MHz, and receives at 21102155 MHz."

same as t-mobile
    It will work with mobilicity (I believe) but not wind for sure as it uses AWS 1700 and the veer doesn't support that .... You will only be on gsm and data will be edge which I believe you will be roaming on Rogers with wind.
    I thought mobilicity uses AWE1700 too? If this phone works on rogers/bell then it definitely shouldnt work on mobilicity AND wind, no?

I just ordered a veer on ebay and am currently on mobilicity, but i was going to ditch mobilicity for telus to get my veer working.
    You are correct my friend it is aws.... Edge only

Ps. Kngkelly go with koodo telus sub-brand plans cheaper same network
    Sorry im not sure what edge only means.
    You saying the veer WONT work on mobilicity then?

Was looking at koodo last night, pretty decent rates. Actually Petro Can Mobile has the best rates ive found so far believe it or not (Rogers).
    Yeah petro is Rogers... Edge is the data ... It won't be 3G data on mobility... The phone will work in 2g mode
    Soooooo.. my mobilicity sim will ONLY give me voice/txt and no data at all? Cus im a-ok wiht that for now.
    Just found on mobilicity wiki

"Mobilicity does not have a 2G, EDGE, GPRS GSM Network."

so sorry nope veer cannot be used with wind or mobilicity
    ah dang, good to know though, thanks!