Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Guys since I am new to WEBOS and there are plenty of patches available to choose from, I need your help in deciding what patches to install and what not???

So its my humble request to all members to give their suggestions to get more out of this wonderful device.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi I am an another guy,interested in the same thing.
    so All WEB OS Gurus, please extend the helping hand, for us to understand the best utilisation.
    Thanks In advance
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    My current patches for my Veer that I would recommend are the following:

- Ad Blocker
    - Advanced Reset Options
    - Bookmarks List Button
    - Browser Scrollbar
    - Default to Month View
    - Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25
    - GSM 3G GPS and Brightness in Device Menu (lets you force 2g edge to save battery if your in an area that doesn't have 3g so your phone doesn't keep wasting battery looking for 3g)
    - Make It So
    - Muffle System Logging
    - Open Memos App to New Memo Page
    - Remove Tap Ripple
    - Unthrottle Download Manager

I also went ahead and downloaded a theme for my Veer "Original Blue Theme" that makes it have a really nice look in all of the menu and icons. You can do this with hundreds of other themes by:

1. Opening Preware
    2. Press top left corner to get the drop down menu
    3. Click "Manage Feeds"
    4. Switch Precentral-themes and Prethemer to "on"
    5. Go back to Preware start screen and you will have a popup saying your feeds need an update. Click "do it now"
    6. Now you can browse the hundreds of themes available for your Veer

Also an application I would recommend from Preware is:

- Dr. Battery (lets you see your battery temp so that it doesn't get too hot while outside in the sun and running high brightness and 3g all at once - high temp is a long term battery killer )

Hope this helps. If you have any questions about why I use certain patches let me know
    devil.insulted likes this.
    I would add from preware:
    jstop for memory mgt --check auto garbage collect
    preset reset-- automatically closes and restarts phone at time you choose every day

If music remix is available, get it for the veer, the purchase will also be good for the touchpad (in beta now and I hear it looks good)

if super ads is available for the veer, get it--great app for super bowl ads

carbon-for twitter, a must
  5.    #5  
    Interesting....
    People please give more suggestions....
    Wat abt themes???
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhav_veer47 View Post
    Interesting....
    People please give more suggestions....
    Wat abt themes???
    I didn't install any themes yet, but I would recommend Interfacelift for wallpapers: https://developer.palm.com/appredire....interfacelift

I installed some of Sconix patches: User:Sconix - WebOS Internals

I also installed JStop and enabled Auto Garbage collect. It really seems to improve batterylive. Batterydrain at the moment is about 1% per hour now, with data, gps, bluetooth, wifi disabled and no phonecalls.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Advanced System Menus and Mode Switcher are the most important (and donation worthy) by far IMHO.

I have a profile for car (bluetooth but no data so I'm not tempted to check email), a profile for sleep (no data), a profile for boonies (2G only), etc. and they allow me to really maximize battery life.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
    I didn't install any themes yet, but I would recommend Interfacelift for wallpapers: https://developer.palm.com/appredire....interfacelift

I installed some of Sconix patches: User:Sconix - WebOS Internals

I also installed JStop and enabled Auto Garbage collect. It really seems to improve batterylive. Batterydrain at the moment is about 1% per hour now, with data, gps, bluetooth, wifi disabled and no phonecalls.
    i can't find JStop and enabled Auto Garbage collect
    Thanks everyone, I need some support as well, hopefully my earlier thread did not have the title which was more informative, anyways.

Is There a Bluetooth Application To Share Files From Computer
    Patch / Application To Disable The Backup
    Anyway to Use SIM as My Default Contact Group
    App for PreCentral / Developers.Palm Forums

Also I am unable to download any App from the AppCataloge, I did register my phone using impostah, but its not allowing me to download the paid apps.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    1)Is There a Bluetooth Application To Share Files From Computer
    2)Patch / Application To Disable The Backup
    3)Also I am unable to download any App from the AppCataloge, I did register my phone using impostah, but its not allowing me to download the paid apps.
    1) First of all Webos devices lack OBEX(a BT profile for file transfer) & since webos is not an open source(till now) developers could not develop such an patch or hack due to lack of required source code & API's, I think u can transfer files from computer to veer(I'm not sure this works with veer but people could recieve files via bluetooth in TP & pre3 which are saved in /tmp folder in TP& pre3), but not the other way,
    2)You can turn off Backup,from the backup app itself.
    3)I don't know what error you are getting while trying to download paid apps, for any one to buy & download he/she needs to attach a credit/debit card from the country which he used to create a profile, if u created ur profile to use US app catalog(which most probably the case) u need to have US credit/debit card with a US billing address to purchase the apps, some gift cards like those from simon can be used but you need some one in US to purchase them for you with their valid US credit/debit card. This topic is been discussed in multiple pages over here:Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah)
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    1) First of all Webos devices lack OBEX(a BT profile for file transfer) & since webos is not an open source(till now) developers could not develop such an patch or hack due to lack of required source code & API's, I think u can transfer files from computer to veer(I'm not sure this works with veer but people could recieve files via bluetooth in TP & pre3 which are saved in /tmp folder in TP& pre3), but not the other way,
    2)You can turn off Backup,from the backup app itself.
    3)I don't know what error you are getting while trying to download paid apps, for any one to buy & download he/she needs to attach a credit/debit card from the country which he used to create a profile, if u created ur profile to use US app catalog(which most probably the case) u need to have US credit/debit card with a US billing address to purchase the apps, some gift cards like those from simon can be used but you need some one in US to purchase them for you with their valid US credit/debit card. This topic is been discussed in multiple pages over here:Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah)
    Thanks for the reply st_7

1. Thanks for Clarification
    2. I keep turning it off but it starts by itself.
    3. I did exactly what it said, but I dont know what went wrong, at step 11 when I open app catalogue, it just shows me 3 apps. Where to put the card details.
    Patches

- 15px Font
    - Behavior and Options Tweaks
    - Call Reject
    - Change number of bookmarks to 99
    - Character Counter
    - Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only
    - Disable Dashboard SearchEngine Notifications
    - Email Mega Mix
    - Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    - German - Change top bar to Just Type
    - GPS Icon On Top Bar
    - GSM 3G GPS and Brightness in Device Menu
    - Hide VoiceMail Button
    - History Chat Balloon Color
    - Hold Tap Context Menu / Email
    - Hold Tap Context Menu / Web
    - Just Charge by Default
    - More Standby Times
    - Muffle System Logging
    - MP4 Video Downloader
    - No Airplane Mode in Device Menu
    - No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    - No Autodial from Call Log
    - No Missed Call Callback
    - No VPN in Device Menu
    - NoAds patch GERMAN
    - Power Button to End Calls
    - Remove Avatar from Messanger
    - Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    - Remove Send and Attach Buttons in Messanging App
    - Reverse number lookup GERMAN
    - Ringer Switch Icon
    - Rotated Battery Icon And Sm Percent Text
    - Russian Keyboard Layout
    - System Control Optimization
    - Timestamps Clean
    - UberCalendar
    - UberCalendar Multilingual Localization
    - Unhide Developer Mode
    - Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    - Unthrottle Download Manager
    - Video Downloads - No Truncating

Software

- Dropboxify
    - weathericon
    - Auctionmate Pro
    - Shopping Manager
    - Paketverfolgung Lite
    - Preware
    - Internalz Pro
    - Klicktel
    - Koto Player
    - Forums
    - Boxenstopp
    - Bholiday2
    - Jstop
    - Tweaks
    - Fritz2Go
    Guys can someone help me with this?
    I want to link my Gmail and Office Email with my phone without their contacts being listed in the Contacts.

Problem: I have around 50 Contacts in my phone, my emails have around 2000+ when I use my email my 50 contacts gets lost in my email contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Guys can someone help me with this?
    I want to link my Gmail and Office Email with my phone without their contacts being listed in the Contacts.

Problem: I have around 50 Contacts in my phone, my emails have around 2000+ when I use my email my 50 contacts gets lost in my email contacts.
    just uncheck "use with contacts" when creating account.
    devil.insulted likes this.
    There is also a "patch" application in the app catalog that I recommend all veer users get since there is a known issue with the backup function of the veer...

if you search the app catalog for "Backup Fix" it might come up, or use this link http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....app.backupfix
    Quote Originally Posted by aegora View Post
    There is also a "patch" application in the app catalog that I recommend all veer users get since there is a known issue with the backup function of the veer...

if you search the app catalog for "Backup Fix" it might come up, or use this link http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....app.backupfix
    With past problems with Palm Profiles, I suggest nobody rely on that backup and find another cloud solution for backup.

A backup you can't access from any other source is not a good "backup". Okay not really much of a backup at all.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Is there a way to remove the arrow in the launcher? I love this on the Touchpad and wish the Veer had it too.
    20pxl bold font for SMS.
    anyone having issues installing filemgr and systoolsmgr service? I swear they used to work, I have 3 veers and haven't been able to get internalz pro on any, nor certain tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    anyone having issues installing filemgr and systoolsmgr service? I swear they used to work, I have 3 veers and haven't been able to get internalz pro on any, nor certain tweaks
    Right now the scripts are pointing to precentral.net, the homebrew has moved to webosnation.com

I think this post will have your answers.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-preware.html
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    toyotast165 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast