Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    just ordered a white hp veer (i refuse to call it 4G), off of ebay brand new for $100 off contract. excited to be a new webos user.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the veer's magnetic cable can be hooked up to the touchstone charger? or if i have to use a micro usb cable to plug from the wall outlet to the touchstone?

it would make sense that hp would figure out a way to work in their newer devices with their older accessories.

Also does the touchstone come with a micro usb cable?

i tried looking for this but couldn't find anything.
    I'm not sure what you're asking. The point of the Touchstone is so you don't have attach it to a wired connector. Just set the Veer on the touchstone itself and save the Veer's normal connector for the USB car charger.
    the veer's magnetic connector will not work with the Touchstone. I do not remember if the cable came with the ac adapter or the touchstone.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Oh, so the Touchstone uses a microUSB cable to connect between that and the wall adapter?
    Yes...micro usb from touchstone to ac adaptor. You can order just the touchstone itself or order it with the micro usb adaptor. With a Veer you want to order it with the micro usb cable.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks guys for the update! Getting my Veer tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I ordered a TS with USB cable from Ebay and it's working fine with the Veer.

I got one here: HP Palm Touchstone Charging Dock Pre, Pixi Plus - NEW items in Miami-Deals123 store on eBay!
    Note that you need a Palm micro USB cable. A standard micro USB cable will not fit into the back of the touchstone as the USB socket is inset.