1.    #1  
    My wife and I have both had an ATT Palm Pre Plus since 5/2010, but she decided she wanted to try an HP Veer when they started to fire sale them, so I picked one up for her. Expect it to arrive tomorrow and I have the following questions and would appreciate some help:

1. Should she keep her old Palm profile or set up a new one for the Veer? She only has a couple paid apps on her Pre (which of course is WebOS 1.4.5), so what benefits are gained with keeping her existing profile or what is better about getting a new profile (e.g., will her old apps even work on the Veer anyway)? I don't mind doing a new profile setup, having just done so for my new TP.
    2. If she keeps her existing profile, what will happen to the info on her existing Pre; i.e., will it wipe it completely once we fire up the Veer or will I still have access to the USB partition to copy info (pictures, etc.) off of it?

If these questions have already been answered in another thread, please point me to it. I searched and couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I would copy all the data from the previous phone to your PC first. When I activated my Veer after receiving it as an upgrade to my Pixi+, ATT cancelled my data and messenging plans. After I activated my new Veer, I was able to see apps and data on the old Pixi+, but after a while it reset and all data was lost and the phone seemed to have been wiped and appeared to be in factory-new state. I'm very glad I backed up all the directories (even those hidden) as I had a lot of notes in ClassicNotes which would have been lost.

I had a little trouble getting back my $5/month 200 msgs/month plan as ATT no longer offers that plan - only the $20/month unlimited plan now...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    I would copy all the data from the previous phone to your PC first. When I activated my Veer after receiving it as an upgrade to my Pixi+, ATT cancelled my data and messenging plans. After I activated my new Veer, I was able to see apps and data on the old Pixi+, but after a while it reset and all data was lost and the phone seemed to have been wiped and appeared to be in factory-new state. I'm very glad I backed up all the directories (even those hidden) as I had a lot of notes in ClassicNotes which would have been lost.

I had a little trouble getting back my $5/month 200 msgs/month plan as ATT no longer offers that plan - only the $20/month unlimited plan now...
    Thanks philesk! Great tip. I'll make sure and copy over the info on her Pre before I swap out the sim and fire up her Veer.

Does anyone else have any suggestions! All help is appreciated!!