Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #61  
    OK, since 10 joined since yesterday, we're setting the deadline until AFTER the weekend.
    All payment must be collected and forwarded to DigitalUnlock.

Anyone without PayPal; now is a good time to say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    OK, since 10 joined since yesterday, we're setting the deadline until AFTER the weekend.
    Haha, that sounds fair.

This should give me enough time to figure out why I can't get the Unlocker (trial) to work, hopefully.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxeh View Post
    Haha, that sounds fair.

This should give me enough time to figure out why I can't get the Unlocker (trial) to work, hopefully.
    You'll have to be more specific than that, if you want help.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Someone needs to put up instructions on the first page with all members and procedure of collecting moneys etc.
    You'll have to be more specific than that, if you want help.
    I mentioned it on the last page.

I get all the way to step 8-e per the instructions (rebooting the phone while holding R to get to recovery). The Unlocker starts to do its thing, but then gets stuck at 15% (waiting for boot). I've let it bake for an hour at this step at one point, but nothing happens. Coaxing a restart doesn't seem to work either.

There's no SIM in the device.

I have already emailed DigitalUnlock, but the automated response says it can take up to 48 hours for them to get back to me.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Sorry, I've scanned the pages and didn't find it...is someone collecting the funds or are we paying direct to digitalunlock with some reference number to get the group discount?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  7.    #67  
    I mentioned it on the last page.

I get all the way to step 8-e per the instructions (rebooting the phone while holding R to get to recovery). The Unlocker starts to do its thing, but then gets stuck at 15% (waiting for boot). I've let it bake for an hour at this step at one point, but nothing happens. Coaxing a restart doesn't seem to work either.

There's no SIM in the device.

I have already emailed DigitalUnlock, but the automated response says it can take up to 48 hours for them to get back to me.
    Sorry, didn't know you already had an unlock code.
    I don't, I'm using the "trial mode" that the instructions say will verify that the device can be unlocked.

[EDIT:] If the trial mode is simply bugged then I won't worry about it too much. I'm still very much in for one code, believe you me.
    Last edited by Foxeh; 09/09/2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    add me:

sanjay 2 phones confirmed
    jutleys 2 phones confirmed
    an-cic 2 phones confirmed
    mize 1 phone confirmed
    sd_matto 2-3 phones confirmed
    gbp 3 phones confirmed
    sam2k10 1 phone confirmed
    airakli 1 phone confirmed
    vabs0 1 phone confirmed * pending price
    bhav_veer47 1 phone confirmed
    foxeh 1 phone confirmed
    bluenote 1 phone confirmed *pending price and if i could wait until jan to activate code if i wanted to
    serdar 2 phones confirmed
    Paralel 1 phone *pending price
    cwl2075 - 1 phone confirmed
    marc25v - 1 phone confirmed
  10.    #70  
    I don't, I'm using the "trial mode" that the instructions say will verify that the device can be unlocked.

[EDIT:] If the trial mode is simply bugged then I won't worry about it too much. I'm still very much in for one code, believe you me.
    The unlock client works exactly as advertized. I've already used it twice.
    Hassle-free, 2 minutes.
    The unlock client works exactly as advertized. I've already used it twice.
    Hassle-free, 2 minutes.
    You're not intentionally giving me a hard time, are you?

DigitalUnlock just got back to my email suggesting to try a different USB port as the issue sounded USB related. Even though my case's front-panel USB ports are wired into the motherboard's headers, plugging the phone into the back of the computer (directly into the mobo) did the trick! The trial says my phone can indeed be unlocked so now I know I'm all set once the real party gets started.

I suggest everyone who has a Veer in hand waiting to be unlocked to give the Unlocker software a try to make sure it won't run into any roadblocks with your configuration.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi I have 2 questions

1 how do we pay who do we pay?

2 If i buy 2 unlock codes can i use them in a couple ov weeks as i am waiting for my phones to arrive stateside?
  13.    #73  
    You're not intentionally giving me a hard time, are you?

DigitalUnlock just got back to my email suggesting to try a different USB port as the issue sounded USB related. Even though my case's front-panel USB ports are wired into the motherboard's headers, plugging the phone into the back of the computer (directly into the mobo) did the trick! The trial says my phone can indeed be unlocked so now I know I'm all set once the real party gets started.

I suggest everyone who has a Veer in hand waiting to be unlocked to give the Unlocker software a try to make sure it won't run into any roadblocks with your configuration.
    No.
    I used to 'run' an unlock sticky on this forum, and sadfully know just about anything there is to know about unlocking webos devices. I recently killed it because my posting days are over, only to find out in this thread and others, people weren't yet ready for it to be killed.

The default troubleshooting start when unlocking is:
    - try other USB
    - try other OS/computer
    - try other user

Just heard unlock price will be discounted to approx $20. If it gets to 40 units, a bit less perhaps. No guarantees on my behalf.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by jutleys View Post
    Hi I have 2 questions

1 how do we pay who do we pay?

2 If i buy 2 unlock codes can i use them in a couple ov weeks as i am waiting for my phones to arrive stateside?
    - Up to you guys to sort out the payment.
    - Unlock codes can be used later.

A few things to consider. DigitalUnlock prefers 1 payment for x units.
    It's up to you guys to sort out who will do the payment. You'll have to figure out how to settle the PayPal fees amongst yourselves if any. If you have money on your PayPal, you can send it to others for free, other funds will incur fees.

Please note I have no say in this whatsoever. I'm just the messenger.
    No.
    I used to 'run' an unlock sticky on this forum, and sadfully know just about anything there is to know about unlocking webos devices. I recently killed it because my posting days are over, only to find out in this thread and others, people weren't yet ready for it to be killed.
    No worries. It's all good.

Just heard unlock price will be discounted to approx $20. If it gets to 40 units, a bit less perhaps. No guarantees on my behalf.
    We should get something organized. This fellow will have to be comfortable horfing over some ~$500 for unlock codes to hand off to individuals. Any volunteers?
  16.    #76  
    No worries. It's all good.

We should get something organized. This fellow will have to be comfortable horfing over some ~$500 for unlock codes to hand off to individuals. Any volunteers?
    Fine, I volunteer.

Otherwise you guys will prob mess it up.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Before we get too organized, has anyone contacted DigitalUnlock to see what kind of a discount they are willing to give?

Given that we have 22 unlock codes lined up for purchasing, we should be getting this service for a significant discount, no? I wouldn't anticipate having to pay more than $15-$20 per unlock code, but I could be way off.

Thoughts?
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Before we get too organized, has anyone contacted DigitalUnlock to see what kind of a discount they are willing to give?

Given that we have 22 unlock codes lined up for purchasing, we should be getting this service for a significant discount, no? I wouldn't anticipate having to pay more than $15-$20 per unlock code, but I could be way off.

Thoughts?
    Dude read the thread. I 'know' these people.
    ~$20 was the quote posted above unless the line doubles. It's a good chunk off even the coupon price for sure.

But I'll admit I run the risk of getting impatient now that I have first hand experience with the Unlocker, but I don't like letting anyone down.
    Just got my Veer today.. ok for the payment I think there are two options here.

Each of us sends money to the unlock seller through paypal individually.
    or
    Someone collects all the money and then we pay unlock seller.

I think its best we send our own individual share of payment.
    Less messy, and everyone can work out their own transfer fees.

Foxeh 20 is good but I think we can do better
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast