Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    alright I am willing to take the risk of unlocking from them, my veer will be here friday. Unless someone wants to try Mobifreedom before me
    Also we can try an get a group discount with them?
    jutleys can you try an negotiate a group discount with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2k10 View Post
    I too would like join Veer unlock party. Hate to spend $30 to unlock a phone I bought for $80 on ebay. Searching xda forums for there are lot of references of people successfully unlocking phones via mobifreedom.net. But mostly it is android phones though.
    Well then it may very well be worth a shot! I couldn't dig up any dirt on the UK based phone unlockers in my limited searching, so if no one else takes one for the team, I'll be willing to give it a shot once I attain my prize.
    I tried them as it didn't seem there was much to lose as long as you pay with paypal. They couldn't unlock my phone and refunded my purchase. The one thing I would worry about is their connection to paypal, which might allow them to copy your password and information. It might be nothing, but I immediately changed my password. They don't connect in the same way as other vendors. Again, it might be nothing.

Digitalunlock price seems way too high to me.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    why on earth do company's list that they can unlock the veer when they cannot unless they are planning on getting the codes soon.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxeh View Post
    Well then it may very well be worth a shot! I couldn't dig up any dirt on the UK based phone unlockers in my limited searching, so if no one else takes one for the team, I'll be willing to give it a shot once I attain my prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpre View Post
    I tried them as it didn't seem there was much to lose as long as you pay with paypal. They couldn't unlock my phone and refunded my purchase. The one thing I would worry about is their connection to paypal, which might allow them to copy your password and information. It might be nothing, but I immediately changed my password. They don't connect in the same way as other vendors. Again, it might be nothing.

Digitalunlock price seems way too high to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jutleys View Post
    why on earth do company's list that they can unlock the veer when they cannot unless they are planning on getting the codes soon.
    You all have three options:
    - grow up and buy an unlocked phone
    - wait for IMEI databases to become available (ie be sold illegally by an AT&T employee)
    - rely on a company which develops an unlock client for a tiny niche market

For the record, I don't work for any of these companies. I've just been around since my friend Max unlocked the first Pre.

Good luck with whatever option you choose.
    I don't generally buy electric equipment unless I intend to pay my energy bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You all have three options:
    - wait for IMEI databases to become available (ie be sold illegally by an AT&T employee)
    - rely on a company which develops an unlock client for a tiny niche market

For the record, I don't work for any of these companies. I've just been around since my friend Max unlocked the first Pre.

Good luck with whatever option you choose.
    I don't generally buy electric equipment unless I intend to pay my energy bill.
    4. H20 sim card works in locked att veer
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    4. H20 sim card works in locked att veer
    Yes, good for you, but it's my list, so no, not 4.

My general comment is towards anyone on the planet buying a cheap AT&T Veer, and complaining about the cost of unlocking.
    My general comment is towards anyone on the planet buying a cheap AT&T Veer, and complaining about the cost of unlocking.
    That is exactly the point though. That the AT&T Veers are so cheap and therefore the $39 price seems a little expensive. I know it's not totally logical, but cost is generally relative and thus paying $39 to unlock a $400 - $500 phone might seem reasonable. On the other hand it seems just a little odd having to pay $39 to unlock a $55 phone. Ofcourse, I also understand that the company has to recover it's costs from a relatively small number of potential customers and therefore I don't totally begrudge their prices, specially with the $10 discount. But unfortunately for me, I probably will not be able to benefit from this 'discount' offer, as I might not get possesion of the phones before the offer expires. Which is primarily why, I looked to investigate the cheaper alternate.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    That is exactly the point though. That the AT&T Veers are so cheap and therefore the $39 price seems a little expensive. I know it's not totally logical, but cost is generally relative and thus paying $39 to unlock a $400 - $500 phone might seem reasonable. On the other hand it seems just a little odd having to pay $39 to unlock a $55 phone. Ofcourse, I also understand that the company has to recover it's costs from a relatively small number of potential customers and therefore I don't totally begrudge their prices, specially with the $10 discount. But unfortunately for me, I probably will not be able to benefit from this 'discount' offer, as I might not get possesion of the phones before the offer expires. Which is primarily why, I looked to investigate the cheaper alternate.
    You can purchase the codes in advance. No need to use them right away.
    Thanks. Was not aware of this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by hpre View Post
    I tried them as it didn't seem there was much to lose as long as you pay with paypal. They couldn't unlock my phone and refunded my purchase.
    Well then, so much for that idea.

Yeesh. If I was able to actually FIND a sim-free Veer from a seller who would have shipped to me I would have. It was what I looked for first, after all, because I didn't want any of AT&T's software to begin with. I've bought unlocked phones in the past so I'm a little new in the unlocking scene so forgive me for exploring what potential options are available.

Oh, so you don't need the IMEI right away? In that case how do I get in on that bulk deal bandwagon everyone is hopping onto?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxeh View Post
    Well then, so much for that idea.

Yeesh. If I was able to actually FIND a sim-free Veer from a seller who would have shipped to me I would have. It was what I looked for first, after all, because I didn't want any of AT&T's software to begin with. I've bought unlocked phones in the past so I'm a little new in the unlocking scene so forgive me for exploring what potential options are available.

Oh, so you don't need the IMEI right away? In that case how do I get in on that bulk deal bandwagon everyone is hopping onto?
    The unlocking process is as follows.

- You purchase an unlock credit.
    - You receive instructions and a download link for the unlock client by e-mail.
    - You install the unlock client.
    - You enter the unlock credit code.
    - You connect the device to the computer and reboot in Recovery mode (all well documented in the instructions)
    - You run the unlock client.
    - Your device is unlocked.

For the unlock client to do its work, the device must be physically connected to the computer. The IMEI is not enough info to work from.

Obviously the cost of development is quite a bit higher than just acquiring a database illegally.

Yours truly had an unlock info sticky on this forum, but I got fed up with it.
    Besides, not many new webOS phones coming out in the near future.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok, so what do we do? someone has contacted digitalunlock for a quote? do we make a list of those we are?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by an-cic View Post
    ok, so what do we do? someone has contacted digitalunlock for a quote? do we make a list of those we are?
    If you get a complete list of all those interested, I could contact them for you.
    I regularly exchange emails with these guys.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    sanjay 3 phone
    jutleys 2 phone
    an-cic 2 phone
    vabs0 1 phone
    bhav_veer47 1 phone
    foxeh 1 phone
    sam2k10 1 phone

this was the last list, please confirm if you are interested
  16.    #36  
    sanjay 3 phone
    jutleys 2 phone
    an-cic 2 phone
    vabs0 1 phone
    bhav_veer47 1 phone
    foxeh 1 phone
    sam2k10 1 phone

Let's wait another 24 hours just in case others are interested.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    sanjay 3 phone
    jutleys 2 phone
    an-cic 2 phone
    vabs0 1 phone
    bhav_veer47 1 phone
    foxeh 1 phone
    sam2k10 1 phone

jutleys here yes i would be interested just waiting for my phones to arrive from stateside should have them within a week so hopefully we can get more people together the bigger the discount.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I'm interested in joining the Veer unlock party.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Looks like latest list is:

sanjay 3 phone
    jutleys 2 phone
    an-cic 2 phone
    vabs0 1 phone
    bhav_veer47 1 phone
    foxeh 1 phone
    sam2k10 1 phone
    jutleys 1 phone
    mize 1 phone
    Add sd_matto (me) for 2-3 phones (only issue as to whether it is 2 or 3 is whether my dad wants his unlocked).
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    sanjay 3 phones
    jutleys 2 phones CONFERMED
    an-cic 2 phones CONFERMED
    vabs0 1 phone
    bhav_veer47 1 phone
    foxeh 1 phone
    sam2k10 1 phone
    mize 1 phone CONFERMED
    sd_matto 2-3 phones CONFIRMED
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast