Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    I have just ordered a new veer device which is locked to att.I am from India and want to use this device here only.
    My concern is to first get used to this device before unlocking.
    Can you people please tell me the best way to do this and also create a palm profile and U.S.A. App catalogue.

I really need your support on this. Please
    you can bypass activation with the palm bypass tool

then use the first use patch to create a palm profile

before strait g, check out the thread on "impostah" which somehow enable access to a wider variety of free catalog choices (I haven't used it)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply.
    I only need to create a new profile and a US app catalogue.

Will the above method work for my requirement?
    But before that what all I have to do with my device out of the box.
    it will work for your needs, but I am not sure exactly how imposter works.

but entering the bypass code and using the bypass patches is something I've done a bunch of times without any problems.
    it will work for your needs, but I am not sure exactly how imposter works.

but entering the bypass code and using the bypass patches is something I've done a bunch of times without any problems.

from the dev site:
    "webOS 2.0 and 3.0 Devices
    The activation-bypass tool is not needed for webOS 2.0 or 3.0 devices.*

Go to the phone app.*
    On a GSM phone, press "#*DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. On a CDMA phone or the HP TouchPad, press "##DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. (If the device is GSM, and there is no SIM card, a screen may be displayed instructing you to install one. Just begin typing the "#*" and the phone app will appear.)
    The Developer Mode scene will be displayed.
    Select "On". You will be prompted to re-boot the device.
    Note that*the DEVMODE code is only for unactivated devices. It*provides a*way of bypassing*activation and*first use, and putting the device into developer mode at the same time"

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
    bhav_veer47 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks a lot.
    I will give this a try.
    Please update more information that might be required.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi bhav_veer47
    I am also in INDIA and having a new VEER , yet to get the same unlocked.Have you by passed and used through wifi ??I am bit worried since , rescently i messed up with my daughters PALM PIXI PLUS.
    Please post your reply, have you got through wifi the Apps?? by the above enumerated methods.
    Thanks
  8.    #8  
    The above method is quite simple and there was no problem in getting applications.
    Have unlocked your device yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhav_veer47 View Post
    The above method is quite simple and there was no problem in getting applications.
    qqqq
    Quote Originally Posted by bhav_veer47 View Post
    hey guys i need some help im in colombia i have a veer i also bypassed the profile with devmode
    the phone works fine it catches internet but for some reason i cant get on the web it wont load pages or videos ,, nothing can you guys give me any tips? does devmode keep the phone from loading pages or videos? or not having a palm profile keeps me from not using it? thank a lot ! guys