Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm extremely tempted to return the veer. It's buggy and the camera is extremely poor. Is the pre plus better, or should I just stick with my windows phone. I've already switched back to it, because the veer was annoying me with the bugs, and constant reboots.

Is the Pre plus any better or does it suffer the same problems the veer does.
    what bugs did you come across?
    also did you try preware on it?
    not one re boot on mine, very stable.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vabs0 View Post
    what bugs did you come across?
    also did you try preware on it?
    I made a list

1. The camera. Delete a picture, it'll come back when you take another, and the one you took, disappears.

2. Some weird SMS bug on notifications where it does that &lt2%# stuff(some kind of text formatting error?)

3. Sometimes the sound just disappears. Have to reboot the phone to get it to have sound again.

4.Charging. Well. I had to REBOOT the phone because it refused to charge. Plug the charger on it, it doesn't do anything. it sat there for 15 minutes doing nothing, I restarted the phone. It starts charging.

I have preware on it with a few patches, But it's still a problem. And I like using the camera on my phone every now and then, but the camera takes such blurry pictures. If it would actually keep one. I might keep the veer if HP will update to 2.2 and fix the bugs with the phone.
    I would try and exchange your Veer for another. I haven't had any of the problems you list. In fact it's leaps ahead of my Pre+.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SDoo1965 View Post
    I would try and exchange your Veer for another. I haven't had any of the problems you list. In fact it's leaps ahead of my Pre+.
    I'm unsure, though I'm sure the Veer is faster in every way compared to the Pre+, I dont have a big problem typing on the veer, but it is a bit difficult due to the size, and I'm not a fan of little screens. Bestbuy's site didn't have a Pre+, Just the veer. I'm unsure if since I got it through bestbuy, if AT&T will still let me exchange it through them. It took too long to even receive the phone from bestbuy
    Bug 1 & 3. It happened sometimes.

For camera you need to full turn off your Veer to fix it. Restart wouldn't help.The problem seems memory error so what you take on camera won't be saved and one you delete from Veer won't be deleted. It is annoying but not much except you need to shoot something using camera that happened fast.. You will miss it if you have this problem

Sound muted.. Yes.. It is quite frequent. Sometimes mute button on off can solve this problem, sometimes not. Restart is the best problem solver so far.

Conclusion: You still found some bug on Veer that not quite too bother (at least for me). But if you still want WebOS phone you don't have much choice, do you?. I bought Veer because my Pre+ not usable anymore. I want to buy Pre2 but seems it has some hardware issue too such power button that quite common problem for Pre 2 and it is definitely annoying. So except you can grab Pre 3, Veer is the only WebOS phone on market that still good enough to use beside its tiny size.

I use my Veer since last June. And beside all bugs it has, It still a great tiny phone ^_^
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Bug 1 & 3. It happened sometimes.

For camera you need to full turn off your Veer to fix it. Restart wouldn't help.The problem seems memory error so what you take on camera won't be saved and one you delete from Veer won't be deleted. It is annoying but not much except you need to shoot something using camera that happened fast.. You will miss it if you have this problem

Sound muted.. Yes.. It is quite frequent. Sometimes mute button on off can solve this problem, sometimes not. Restart is the best problem solver so far.

Conclusion: You still found some bug on Veer that not quite too bother (at least for me). But if you still want WebOS phone you don't have much choice, do you?. I bought Veer because my Pre+ not usable anymore. I want to buy Pre2 but seems it has some hardware issue too such power button that quite common problem for Pre 2 and it is definitely annoying. So except you can grab Pre 3, Veer is the only WebOS phone on market that still good enough to use beside its tiny size.

I use my Veer since last June. And beside all bugs it has, It still a great tiny phone ^_^
    If I had money, I'd be buying a Pre3 in a heartbeat.