1.    #1  
    now that we have many people using both black and white veer, any opinions which one is better for daily use?
    Last edited by vabs0; 09/03/2011 at 04:19 PM.
    I'd imagine it's a matter of preference. Best Buy still seems to be selling Veers as if nothing happened and I've seen both colors on display. If you can see them for yourself it may help you decide.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Black is my preference since it doesnt show dirt like the white one and it looks alot more clean/streamlined with the 3.5mm accessory jack attached...
  4.    #4  
    I heard white back is more slippery then black which has more rubber finish? My local stores don't have any for me to check out.. :-(
    I've got white, and I've had no problems with dirt, etc. Also, the glass is as good as the day I got it (months ago), and I've never used a case or screen protector.
    I have to agree with what was said. I went with black because I envisioned the fingerprint shaped stains I would end up on the white one (engine oil, dirt, grease, soot, ect). I'm not exactly gentle on things which is one of the reasons the centro and pixi have impressed me so much.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    After looking at pics online I went with white - the black looked well ugly - glad with my decision
    I have a black Veer as a replacement for my Pre+. At first it was disappointed it was my only option. Now I'm glad it's black as black is a slimming color. Making the Veer look very tiny indeed.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    The back of the white phone I read is more plastic and shiny. I picked black because I prefer a matte finish and also the texture not being completely smooth.
    Having seen both versions I did not find that either one was glossier than the other. The white was still very much a matte finish.

A good look here:

For what it's worth, I just ordered a black Veer for myself.
  11.    #11  
    thanks guys! I ordered a black one off ebay... If I don't like the black much I might just order a white skin for it :-)
    So I'm awaiting delivery of a White Veer I purchased via eBay. One thing I neglected to verify prior to purchase was whether the White is using a soft touch material or not. It sounds like the black does, but I'm seeing conflicting info regarding the white. If it isn't I might have to pick up a black one instead and sell the white.

Can you fine folks here verify what kind of material is used?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I just picked up a black one at fire sale price a few days ago. Liked it so much, I also got a white one today, lol. If you can get them cheap, pick up one of each

Update: just set up my white Veer and compared to the black one. The black does have a slightly more "rubberized" feel to it, but the white is by no means slippery. The white has a very matte surface to it. Personally, I like more rubberized feel to the black, but the white is fine, no worries.
    Last edited by aimfire72; 09/05/2011 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    So I'm awaiting delivery of a White Veer I purchased via eBay. One thing I neglected to verify prior to purchase was whether the White is using a soft touch material or not. It sounds like the black does, but I'm seeing conflicting info regarding the white. If it isn't I might have to pick up a black one instead and sell the white.

Can you fine folks here verify what kind of material is used?
    I have one of each (black for me, white for my daughter).

The white and black both have a textured, soft touch finish, but the white feels a bit different than the black. It is a little less of a soft touch finish and feels a little slicker than the black. But the white does look pretty cool. The white is very much a matte finish, not glossy at all.

You can't go wrong with either one, but having held both, I prefer the black slightly.
    Of course if you are thinking of the "soft touch" material like that on the back of the Nexus One or Motorola Xoom, it's not. It's just matte plastic with a fine texture to it.

Rest assured that neither are slick like the back of the Touchpad.
    Thanks for the replies folks. You can see my dilemma what with the different answers Guess I'll find out for sure soon.
    So my white Veer arrived last night and I can say with 100% certainly that the materials on this phone are NOT softtouch. Its just textured plastic. That being said I still really like the look and feel of the device. After spending some time with a black one yesterday I think I'd still buy a white one again.
    I've been using a black one. I just bought a white one this week -- I really like the color, it's not glossy and it stands out more. I would probably want a black one if I have a white one.