1.    #1  
    hi all,

kso, my HP Veer arrived 2 days ago and since then, i have only seen the "3G" icon, no "H+" icon.

So i called AT&T to ask if their is Hsdpa coverage where i am (los angeles) and they said their was.

anyone have any ideas as to why my veer isn't connecting to H+?
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    they have to change something your account, so call them back.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I don't think it will say H+ will it? Its just a faster 3G right?
  4.    #4  
    called AT&T, they just had to update my IMEI in "the system" thnx!
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does it say H+ or 3G - curious if they actually change that
    Reports say that even without the H+ icon, you are getting HSPA speeds.

Someone on Telstra clocked 9Mbps in a speed test with the 3G icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Reports say that even without the H+ icon, you are getting HSPA speeds.

Someone on Telstra clocked 9Mbps in a speed test with the 3G icon.
    Thats fast! I hear that time travel is possible when you hit 8.8, provided you have 1.21 gigawatts of power

I too would like to know if some of you see the H+ icon. I would assume the on board software on the phone would dictate the presentation of the appropriate icon, although perhaps it is the local provider's signal that sends out info to your phone, kind of like how some radio stations send out text content telling you the name of the song/artist currently playing. So I'm curious as to how the phone knows what to put up there...is it imbedded in a carrier signal or is it detected by the phone?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

You should see H+ if everything is right and you're in an H+ area.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Mine now says H+. I got my Veer (9/1) as an upgrade to my Pixi+. When I activated, AT&T deactivated my Pixi+. Somehow in that process they deleted my data plan so they had to reestablish it for the Veer. Now I see H+.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    You should see H+ if everything is right and you're in an H+ area.
    Untrue. Only on AT&T towers it shows H+. All carriers have full HSPA+ coverage (there's no 2G fallback) here but my phone never showed H+.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Untrue. Only on AT&T towers it shows H+. All carriers have full HSPA+ coverage (there's no 2G fallback) here but my phone never showed H+.
    Ah, yes, I should have qualified my statement. You'll see it if you're in an AT&T H+ area and everything is set up right.