Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hagster
  1.    #1  
    I know the webOS community has done a great job of using different doctors to get upgraded OS's on various devices. I am wondering if the release of the Pre 3 doctor will mean we can find a way to get 2.2 onto the Veer, or if there are too many differences.
    I am hoping someone can use the Dr to at least enable TTS, yeah the Veer is buggy, but I can live with the little random bug (being a Pre user I am used to having to restart every once in a while) I just want SMS on my TP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yep, SMS would be cool. The issue I see, however, is that Rod bricked a Veer by messing with the firmware for the chip that controls the TTS hardware. So I'm not real excited about doing the experimentation necessary to support a homebrew solution, you know?
    I can't blame you for not wanting to brick a veer, though they are a lot cheaper now then when Rod managed it. Just like with the veer and pixi OC kernels, I would be willing to donate to the project if someone started a TTS project. But I'm still hoping that HP will support the WebOS software now that they have all those touchpads sold.
    i'm pretty sure HP will release 2.2 for the Veer and the Pre2. The latest sdk emulator has both screen sizes.
    I think they will too. I hope it's soon.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I think they will too. I hope it's soon.
    In the coming months.

<Sorry, had to>
    syang87 and woodmaster like this.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    In the coming months.

<Sorry, had to>
    Haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    In the coming months.

<Sorry, had to>
    BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

All in love.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...