Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well a lot has happen in the last 48 hours.

Sprint has changed their terms and conditions and upped the admin fee per line by 50 giving people a chance to cancel without paying the ETFs. So I called and canceled sprint today. I have service till the end of September.

I have not ordered my veer yet but it's in the works. I actually setup my AT&T account on amazon and ordered two blackberry torch 9810s for a total of $40. I plan to buy a veer off ebay for around $110 and sell the torch for $500-600. Yes that amounts to AT&T paying me money to stay with WebOS. now I just need to find a $100 touchpad

I did get a laugh out of sprint customer service. Their response to me telling them sprint doesn't have the selections of phone the wife and I are looking for was that AT&Ts data plans wouldn't work for me.

anyways I felt the need to tell someone because my wife who's a BB fan just doesn't get why I like WebOS so much.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Glad to hear your joining the Veer crew mate!

You'll be happy you made the switch I promise you.

Had a Pixi before this so I was somewhat used to compact phones but the Veer takes it to a whole other level entirely. This phone is just so compact for how powerful it is!

It really does everything for me:
    - GPS turn by turn directions (without data) with NDrive app
    - Phone
    - Voice recorder
    - I can hook up my bluetooth keyboard to it and type class notes
    - Respectable camera
    - Voice dialing
    - Calendar
    - FreeTether

The list goes on and on...
  3.    #3  
    lol. I'm still using a pixi. I really wanted a pre3 because of the dual mics and autofocus camera, but I have to say I can live without them and the veers size is appealing. I'm with WebOS till the end even if that is beyond the grave.
  4.    #4  
    did I read that correctly?? If I cancel with sprint before Sept 9 I can escape with no ETF fees?? I am switching in Dec regardless. with the prorated ETF fee change it ups my fee from like $300 to almost $700. If I can get out for free now I will do it.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    did I read that correctly?? If I cancel with sprint before Sept 9 I can escape with no ETF fees?? I am switching in Dec regardless. with the prorated ETF fee change it ups my fee from like $300 to almost $700. If I can get out for free now I will do it.
    The increase in ETF is only for new contracts after a certain date. Since you had your contract already, the ETF from before still applies. For example: my gf's contract turns one year in October. It will be a $100 ETF.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post

Sprint has changed their terms and conditions and upped the admin fee per line by 50 giving people a chance to cancel without paying the ETFs. So I called and canceled sprint today. I have service till the end of September.

I have not ordered my veer yet but it's in the works. I actually setup my AT&T account on amazon and ordered two blackberry torch 9810s for a total of $40. I plan to buy a veer off ebay for around $110 and sell the torch for $500-600. Yes that amounts to AT&T paying me money to stay with WebOS. now I just need to find a $100 touchpad

I did get a laugh out of sprint customer service. Their response to me telling them sprint doesn't have the selections of phone the wife and I are looking for was that AT&Ts data plans wouldn't work for me.

anyways I felt the need to tell someone because my wife who's a BB fan just doesn't get why I like WebOS so much.
    Wait . . . thought the Veer was free on AT&T. Mine was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Glad to hear your joining the Veer crew mate!

You'll be happy you made the switch I promise you.

Had a Pixi before this so I was somewhat used to compact phones but the Veer takes it to a whole other level entirely. This phone is just so compact for how powerful it is!

It really does everything for me:
    - GPS turn by turn directions (without data) with NDrive app
    - Phone
    - Voice recorder
    - I can hook up my bluetooth keyboard to it and type class notes
    - Respectable camera
    - Voice dialing
    - Calendar
    - FreeTether

The list goes on and on...
    Hmmm. Just buying NDrive now so I can can the $10 ATT nav app. Anxious to see how it works. On sale at 25 bucks it'll pay for itself in a couple of months.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeb.meyer View Post
    yes you did. You can cancel between now and the 30th. Read this Cancel your Sprint contract with no ETF (9/9/11-10/9/11) **Live now** - Slickdeals.net

you have to call customer support and tell them you do not wish to accept the new proposed contract. It may take a bit of pressure but they do give in.

@grappler
    the veer is free from AT&T. I saw no reason to use an upgrade on a $100 phone so I used my upgrade on a $600 phone that I plan to sell.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Personally I'd grab it on eBay so your not in a contract or get an iPhone 5 on contract and sell it for a gob of cash - Veers are around $100-$150 on eBay brand new!

I'm with Sprint till April can I get out without the Etfs?
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    I'm with Sprint till April can I get out without the Etfs?
    yes. Read the thread I posted a link for.

@tchaten
    that is what I am doing. I choose the blackberry because it's only $20 upfront from amazon and sells on ebay for $500 to $600. The veer I ordered off ebay was $110.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Smart

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
  14.    #14  
    go figure. I buy a $110 veer and two days later they drop to $90.
    eBay: hp veer
    Yes they'll continue to fall. Pretty soon $50. I'm gonna try to get one around $70.

I went ahead and got one from one of those Amazon.com sellers [link] for ~$95 because they threw in extra Veer charging cables and a car charging adapter.

Some of them appear to be throwing in a Touchstone charger too, though that's also available on it's own at Amazon for $8.

I'm sure these would have fallen further if I simply wait another week or so, but a hundred dollars for an off contract smartphone with all the accessories you need is a stellar deal on any standard.

Now I just have to scrounge an extra $39 to unlock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxeh View Post
    I went ahead and got one from one of those Amazon.com sellers [link] for ~$95 because they threw in extra Veer charging cables and a car charging adapter.

Some of them appear to be throwing in a Touchstone charger too, though that's also available on it's own at Amazon for $8.

I'm sure these would have fallen further if I simply wait another week or so, but a hundred dollars for an off contract smartphone with all the accessories you need is a stellar deal on any standard.

Now I just have to scrounge an extra $39 to unlock it.
    veer has a proprietary charging cable, i did not trust ebay pics as they looked like normal cables so i bought from hp itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    veer has a proprietary charging cable, i did not trust ebay pics as they looked like normal cables so i bought from hp itself.
    Indeed. I was considering eBay, but that place is sketchy as always. I just so happened to stumble upon the off contract Veers on Amazon while looking for UV filtered screen protectors.

The seller I purchased from isn't currently listed (because I bought it), but it specifically stated they were HP branded accessories. If they turn out not to be them I am at risk of marring that seller's perfect score...
  19.    #19  
    I have 4 touchstones so I don't have to worry about the cable. I plan to stow mine away and only use it for connecting to a computer. I would like to pickup a few extra headphone adapters but I've spent way to much money on toys this paycheck. I would also like to adapt one of my touchstones so my veer plugs into a headphone jack when I put it on the touchstone.

prejim - you planning to cancel your sprint contract? They offered me some nice incentives when they realized my intention. I think an free upgrade was offered and switching to month to month was offered twice.
    prejim - you planning to cancel your sprint contract? They offered me some nice incentives when they realized my intention. I think an free upgrade was offered and switching to month to month was offered twice.

I have no problem with Sprint. I just want the Veer and to be able to talk & surf at the same time. Att is the only place I can do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast