2,543 Global Posts
    If you have any friends living in the Bay area, send them to

950 W Maude Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085

They are open noon to 5:00 P.M (PST)
    Last edited by gbp; 08/31/2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added timing
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Boy, this is another firesale. They are buying in boxes.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

Line is very, very slow...
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    What are the odds that anybody would go on somebody's behalf?

Is it well picked through?
    will someone buy me a veer? I'll pay $100 for it!
    I wonder if they might accidentally slip in a few pre-prod Pre 3s...
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    folks are coming there with large bags for bulk purchase.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    if any one near that area grab a phone for me guys please, will pay you immediately. Desperately need & looking for my first web os phone
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I wonder if they might accidentally slip in a few pre-prod Pre 3s...
    I was looking for that .

The unlocked Pre 2 was price adjusted on HP site for $ 99.00 , but its out of stock. I hope they do a 180 and release the Pre 3 for US.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    if any one near that area grab a phone for me guys please, will pay you immediately. Desperately need & looking for my first web os phone
    Your best bet is to contact any friend of yours living in the area. And remember its a loooooooong line. My buddy could not stand two hours for it.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Your best bet is to contact any friend of yours living in the area. And remember its a loooooooong line. My buddy could not stand two hours for it.
    I have no friends in US or Uk I just have my PPO with US & UK addresses, spending sleepless nights to buy these webos devices from the day it was announced, missed the smartphone fire sale while running after TP, ordered TP but my orders got canceled thanks to onSale.

I doubt whether I will be able to have a webos device in my hands in future, decided to buy a pixi plus here in India just days before firesale announcement, after this announcement though I will be able to grab a web os device for a good price. But don't think it will happen
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have no friends in US or Uk I just have my PPO with US & UK addresses, spending sleepless nights to buy these webos devices from the day it was announced, missed the smartphone fire sale while running after TP, ordered TP but my orders got canceled thanks to onSale.

I doubt whether I will be able to have a webos device in my hands in future, decided to buy a pixi plus here in India just days before firesale announcement, after this announcement though I will be able to grab a web os device for a good price. But don't think it will happen
    Hi..
    Keep looking in EBAY GLOBAL EASY BUY.You will find very attractive pricing.In fact today I did Order a NEW Veer AT & T for Rs 7000/ Ofcourse You will spend another 1500 Rs for Unlocking.There are quite few good offers surfacing all the time.
    Good Luck & Best Wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by thiyagy View Post
    Hi..
    Keep looking in EBAY GLOBAL EASY BUY.You will find very attractive pricing.In fact today I did Order a NEW Veer AT & T for Rs 7000/ Ofcourse You will spend another 1500 Rs for Unlocking.There are quite few good offers surfacing all the time.
    Good Luck & Best Wishes.
    HP security guy said somebody bought $30K worth of phones this morning. Crazy ...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

One of the guys behind me in line bought 600 Veers and 600 Touchstones. The cashier asked him whether AMEX would approve the charge. He said he bought 1000 Touchpads (32GB) from BestBuy business yesterday. Assume this will all be eBay fodder.

For anyone going to the store, things are getting picked over. No Pres of any kind or AT&T Pixi Pluses left. Lots of Sprint and Verizon Pixis. An odd Altel Treo and GPS units for older Palm phones. Lots of Veer and Pixi accessories. Veers were going out of the store by the box-load (6 phones/box). If you come, bring cash. There are two lines. The one for cash goes faster, but expect to spend an hour+ either way.
    Last edited by dgdonovan; 09/01/2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Update
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Too bad its so far away. I would take a pre 2 in a heartbeat for 100.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Lots of Veer and Pixi accessories. Veers were going out of the store by the box-load (6 phones/box). If you come, bring cash. There are two lines. The one for cash goes faster, but expect to spend an hour+ either way.
    Yup, thats what my buddy told me. People are getting boxes to load them. It was 2 1/2 hour wait yesterday. He could not do it. He delegated to another co-worker. They opened at 10:00 A.M today. People still showed up early.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    OK If I buy HP Veer & Unlock it using any unlocking solutions like digitalunlock, can it be used with HSPDA 2100 Mhz networks for 3 G data. And do the verizon palm pixi plus & palm pre 2 are global phones or just cdma phones
    OK If I buy HP Veer & Unlock it using any unlocking solutions like digitalunlock, can it be used with HSPDA 2100 Mhz networks for 3 G data. And do the verizon palm pixi plus & palm pre 2 are global phones or just cdma phones
    The AT&T HP Veer sold in the US has the following radios:
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE : 850/900/1800/1900
    Tri band UMTS: 850/1900/2100
    Since it has the HSPDA 2100 Band, 3G should work just fine.

Verizon only has a CDMA network and thus all their phones are CDMA onlyh, except for a couple of world phones that have CDMA for the US and GSM bands for the rest of the world. Specifically, the Verizon Pre 2 and the Verizon Pixi + are both CDMA only.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
    Too bad its so far away. I would take a pre 2 in a heartbeat for 100.
    There were no Pre2s available. Should be interesting to see whether the AT&T Pre3s that never were sold show up at this venue.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast