Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'd also really like this. Skype integration would be amazing, especially since I'm a skype user.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Sad to report that I sent my Veer back to Amazon Wireless today. I just could not justify the two year commitment with AT&T for a phone with a questionable supportability future.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    you gotta believe!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    you gotta believe!
    I find it better to have low expectations

That way you either:
    a) Don't get dissapointed if it doesn't get the update
    b) Get happily surprised if it does
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I find it better to have low expectations

That way you either:
    a) Don't get dissapointed if it doesn't get the update
    b) Get happily surprised if it does
    It's a good way to live your life. :-)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just purchased a Veer and 2.2 would make it all worth it Thanks in advance HP for your September update to 2.2....I can dream can't I.
    ditto
    New to the site and to webOS, so I hope this isn't a stupid question. I bought a Touchpad and was hoping to get a Pre 3. As that seems increasingly unlikely, I'm looking at purchasing a Veer. From what I've seen on YouTube videos, the "Touch-to-share" feature works by communication being sent through a 'coil' on the back of the Pre 3. Is that coil also built into the back of a Veer? If not, then it would seem to me that TTS is a dead issue on the Veer even if it was updated to 2.2, and I wouldn't want to be wasting my money (would still try for a Pre 3 in that case). Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.
    It is said to have the necessary coil for TTS.

Buy the Veer, it's an awesome phone. Mine goes more than two days on a charge with comparably light use (Twitter in the background).

I've seen the Pre3 today (coworker bought one off eBay for 400 Euros) and for me it would be too big. Well, even the original Pre seems unnecessarily big now that I'm used to the Veer. Oh dear.

The size difference is huge. it does not seem this way looking at photos, but hot damn does this Pre seem biiiiiiiig now.
    Add one for the Veer and also the Pre 2. One of the main reasons I bought the TouchPad is so I could text from it as well...

(Sad thing is, other phones have this ability but webOS phones don't.)
    Sprint Love
    Thanks for the quick responses (I went to read another thread and just came back). Actually, the main reason I was originally hoping for a Pre 3 is that the Veer appears too small for me, and the Pre 3's keyboard seems like it would be easier to get my fingers around.
    Quote Originally Posted by ps12 View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses (I went to read another thread and just came back). Actually, the main reason I was originally hoping for a Pre 3 is that the Veer appears too small for me, and the Pre 3's keyboard seems like it would be easier to get my fingers around.
    I assumed the same thing about the veer's keyboard, but I have to say that the keyboard is better then my pixi's keyboard. And the pixi had a rep of having the best physical keyboard. If you can hit an att store and give it a try.
    I had a Pre from Sprint
    the original Pre
    keyboard on the Veer is much better, despite the small size
    HP/Palm did a great job with this little smartphone
    too bad HP's management didn't do better by it
    I wants the Touch to Share feature they hyped as well
    hard to understand why they haven't implemented this yet
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12