Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ap3604
  • 1 Post By grappler
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I cant believe how much I LOVE my Veer

This thing is just amazingly compact for how powerful it is. It has the same processor / ram specifications as the iPhone 4 in a package half the size!

I gave my iPhone 4 to a friend for her birthday present since I still had an upgrade coming and could upgrade to the iPhone 5 but the Veer is so good that I might not even upgrade after all

- Amazingly compact
    - Great looking design
    - Very smooth, no lag
    - Screen is bright
    - Voice recoding ability
    - Ndrive GPS data free turn by turn application available
    - Touchstone charging built in
    - Voice dialing
    - Loud speakerphone
    - Browser automatically changes to full screen when tilted to landscape

and best of all...
    - ONLY $49 WITH NO CONTRACT!!

Over the next week I will try out the battery life and camera but so far it looks like HP had a tremendous winner on their hands. Stupid stupid Leo
    Tatobest likes this.
    Yeah, if they could have gotten it into more people's hands, it might have been a sensation. It's also really well built. I love how solid it feels. Nothing about it feels cheap or flimsy to me.

Alas, most people are convinced that a bigger screen is better and aren't even willing to pick up something so tiny.

I think the Veer would have been a bigger success had it come out after the Pre3 and as part of a more whole set of choices. But they just couldn't get the machine rolling.
    Reading these posts on a Veer right now! There are a few annoying bugs--hope they fix those soon with an OTA--but it's a great phone. Best keyboard on any mobile device, bar none. And solid: I haven't babied this thing at all, and it looks as good and feels as good as the day I got it a few months ago. (I throw it in my pocket without a case along with keys, etc., and neither the back nor the screen has a mark.) Enjoy your phone.
    Last edited by grappler; 08/29/2011 at 08:44 PM.
    Tatobest likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Yeah, if they could have gotten it into more people's hands, it might have been a sensation. It's also really well built. I love how solid it feels. Nothing about it feels cheap or flimsy to me.
    They did actually got a lot of those to people's hands. I wonder where all the Gaga units went...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I just got mine too. In fact, I'm typing on it right now. So far I'm loving it!! Oh how I miss webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    They did actually got a lot of those to people's hands. I wonder where all the Gaga units went...
    That's a good point. I wonder how many ended up in the wild. It must've done okay enough to not get pulled!
    Where are people getting them for 49$ with no contract? I'm seeing 0$ through HP with contract renewal, and 449 without any contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Where are people getting them for 49$ with no contract? I'm seeing 0$ through HP with contract renewal, and 449 without any contract.
    The Veer went on sale together when HP Touchpad went on sale for $99. HP Veer is completely out of stock now.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I got mine for free with all the different chargers, my daughter is just playing with it on WiFi as we use virgin mobile (can not beat that $25 a month for 300 mins and unlimited everything else). It is a nice phone
    Did you get the Veer from Virgin Mobile?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    No I got it from a HP training site. I might take the sim out of my windows phone ( also from a training site) just test it out . But for right now just using it on WiFi not for making calls .

I wish the touch to share worked