Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Hello all: This is my first post. I'm a LONGTIME Palm user. I had one of the first Treo smartphones (non-color, can't remember the model#). Had the 650 and am currently on a Centro. Earlier this year, I bought a used Pixi Plus from eBay. After several hours chatting with tech support, I got it running with my T-Mobile sim. Then, the microphone malfunctioned and I sent it back to HP for repair. Got the phone back and it wouldn't unlock no matter what. I returned the phone to the seller.

    Two days ago, I bought a brand new, unopened ATT Veer from eBay. Will I need a third-party unlock code? Anyone else on T-Mobile digging their Veer? I got a data plan, btw. Thanks!
    Last edited by tekis; 08/27/2011 at 03:35 PM.
  2. rtn79's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #2  
    Check out if digitalunlock can solve your problem. There is a thread in this forum.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    Hello all: This is my first post. I'm a LONGTIME Palm user. I had one of the first Treo smartphones (non-color, can't remember the model#). Had the 650 and am currently on a Centro. Earlier this year, I bought a used Pixi Plus from eBay. After several hours chatting with tech support, I got it running with my T-Mobile sim. Then, the microphone malfunctioned and I sent it back to HP for repair. Got the phone back and it wouldn't unlock no matter what. I returned the phone to the seller.

    Two days ago, I bought a brand new, unopened ATT Veer from eBay. Will I need a third-party unlock code? Anyone else on T-Mobile digging their Veer? I got a data plan, btw. Thanks!
    Check here: DigitalUnlock: Unlock your HP Veer
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Wow! That was relatively painless. I'm up and running!! Thanks!
  5. thiyagy's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    Wow! That was relatively painless. I'm up and running!! Thanks!
    Hi.
    Please post after unlocking, how was your experience of dealing with Digital unlock.
    As lots of people will be looking forward for the same.
    Thanks in advance
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    Wow! That was relatively painless. I'm up and running!! Thanks!
    How does it handle on tmo? I realize it will be edge only curious how slow that makes it feel. That $50 plan looks tempting.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    How does it handle on tmo? I realize it will be edge only curious how slow that makes it feel. That $50 plan looks tempting.

    This is my first "real" internet-enabled phone. So I don't really have too much to compare to. The next thing I've got to do is to get my old Centro data sync'd to my Mac and then to the Veer. I guess my first impression was the relative ease of using DigitalUnlock. I tried to switch over to a Palm Pixi Plus a few months ago and it was a NIGHTMARE. Thanks.
  8. tchaten's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm running unlimited on the $50 - I have not experienced the slow downs after 100MB as many do if running a 3G phone - it appears you do get the full 2G goodness even after 100MB - great so far - curious is the $50 AT&T Go Plan works with the Veer for unlimited data - anyone try that yet?
  9. #9  
    I'm using the "GSM 3G GPS and Brightness in Device Menu" patch in preware to force my Veer into Edge today. So far I'd say it's definitely slower but not nearly the difference I thought it would be. We'll see how I feel after a Friday night on the town but I'd say there is a good chance I'll be heading to the tmobile store this weekend.

    @tchaten - according to the tmo site the slowdown is from "4g" speeds after 100mb, since we're already on edge we're already slow
  10. tchaten's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #10  
    But - EDGE is actually faster than the throttling speed - so if T-Mobile decides to throttle you it will be EVEN SLOWER THAN EDGE - but it appears they are not throttling me yet.
  11. SB Jon's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #11  
    I am using a Veer on TMo. It runs well for web browsing, downloading emails (without attachments), and phone/sms. I find that Google Maps is very slow compared to how it ran on my Treo 680 on the TMo edge network. I think the newer versions of Google Maps pull down more data. Overall, no complaints as it relates to performance on TMo. When at home, it is much better to run in on the wifi to increase speeds.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    But - EDGE is actually faster than the throttling speed - so if T-Mobile decides to throttle you it will be EVEN SLOWER THAN EDGE - but it appears they are not throttling me yet.
    You're right, that's crazy! Well, my hatred of att is so great I think I'll go for it and hope they don't start throttling to sub-edge speeds.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    How does it handle on tmo? I realize it will be edge only curious how slow that makes it feel. That $50 plan looks tempting.
    Well, I don't use my phone to access the internet all that much, so it's fast enough for me. I check the odd email. That's all that's important to me. What I don't like is the texting format, the battery life and the "dock." The WebOS texting irks me--no inbox, outbox, templates and can't figure out how to cut and paste messages. The battery life's not as good as Centro and the Veer boots up REALLY slowly if it has fully lost its charge. Is there a way to modify the "dock"? These type of preference functions seemed more intuitive on the Treo and Centro. On the plus side the LIT keyboard is much better and the size of the Veer is great. I actually kind of miss the old Palm/HotSync ritual/software...
  14. #14  
    I'm a T-Mobile user seriously considering the Veer. Does the Veer's tethering feature work on TMo's data (even if only at EDGE) or is it stuck looking for a specific AT&T service to function?
  15. tchaten's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #15  
    The tethering seems to work to slow to be usable though - also DrPodder sync overnight is awesome new podcasts downloaded over EDGE

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    The tethering seems to work to slow to be usable though
    That's a shame, but at least it tries! Hah. Perhaps I'll keep the G2 around when carrying my Touchpad about. Too bad we can't "FrankinVeer" this thing to do T-Mobile 3/4G.
  17. #17  
    For what it's worth, I asked the guy at the tmo store if they throttle below edge and he said no "it's just edge". Not that his word is in any way binding.

    Happily up on tmo now. Seems a bit slower than att edge but so far today I've been in areas I don't often frequent so it could just be bad network areas. We'll see how it goes. Happy to be off the death star at least.
  18. #18  
    One thing I'm worried about is if they'll let us grab an OTA via Wifi. I know cellular carriers are awfully weird about allowing phones to update themselves...
  19. tchaten's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #19  
    I was a bit wrong on tethering being too slow - it is completely usable for any non music streaming or video streaming - using FreeTether - the built in app does not work at all
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxeh View Post
    One thing I'm worried about is if they'll let us grab an OTA via Wifi. I know cellular carriers are awfully weird about allowing phones to update themselves...
    What's "OTA" ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions