Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By konner920
  • 1 Post By kspers
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Well, My mom just got a Windows phone, then a few months later, she gets an upgrade on her number. I ordered a veer for myself, since she didn't want the upgrade, (I have a Windows phone currently) and I've always loved WebOS. I remember when the Pre came out in 2009 (I was a huge palm user back in the day.. Treo 650 and the centro) and I've always liked their hardware. I've never gotten to mess with webos before, but I remember when the Pre plus and pixi plus hit AT&T, I was thinking about getting one, but went with an HTC aria (terrible phone by the way, I took it back) Well, I went onto Bestbuy's site and ordered a White veer through them, since they have them in stock, free on an upgrade. I am extremely excited to get my first WebOS device, I have faith in WebOS even though HP doesn't. There are homebrew devs, and a community that still cares about the OS, (I used palm os phones for gods sake LOL) So, I'm gonna use both my Windows phone and my veer. I won't give up on WebOS, because it's a unique mobile OS, and it doesn't deserve what HP is doing to it.
    Tikerz and FischOderAal like this.
    where did you order it from
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    where did you order it from
    OP says he ordered it from Best Buy free on a 2-year contract.

Welcome to the family Konner I'm still waiting on my veer as well through the mail
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Welcome! I also use both a Windows phone and Veer. Love them both.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Welcome! I also use both a Windows phone and Veer. Love them both.
    I'm pretty sure it'll be the same for me. I love my Windows phone, and I'm really excited to get my hands on some WebOS goodness. :3
    I just got my HP Veer in the mail yesterday!! It's quite small, but I am already loving it. Can't wait for the OTA update for SMS and TTS to work with my TouchPad!
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    What is the cheapest veer plan which would include data?
    IS T-Mobile still cheaper than ATT?
    I received my new Veer yesterday and can honestly say it is exceeding my expectations. So far I've just been learning the OS, got the basics set up, downloaded a couple of apps and used the mobile hotspot. The mobile hotspot was most impressive. I was considering a 4G hotspot device, but Veer's 4G speed will be more than sufficient for me AND I have a great phone too.

I hope HP does follow through with OS updates. This is a great little phone and I would love to see it get even better.

Hope you enjoy your new Veer as much as I am enjoying mine.
    Garfonso likes this.
    Hi Folks. New to the thread but have been a long time WebOS fan. I've never loved an OS as much as WebOS. Right now I own a ATT Pre Plus which I've enjoyed and have had no troubles. I want something faster and won't even consider any other OS. I got tired of waiting for the Pre3, having my order confirmed then cancelled, and waiting for HP to make up their minds about releasing more stock so today after lunchtime, I ordered a white Veer through the HP/AT&T site. It cost me $0.00 with a 2 year contract. I figure I will stay with AT&T for the privilege of using this phone. I don't foresee a unlocked Veer coming out either? If the Pre3 comes around, I'll buy that one too and can switch them around, without affecting my 2 year contract. After the 2 years, I hope WebOS will be in good manufacturing hands and can look forward to new devices.

Thanks to PreCentral and the fans for keeping the WebOS spirit alive.
    Forgot to mention. My Veer order is being expedited rather quickly. I ordered it today and now UPS says it's arriving tomorrow! I selected standard shipping of 4-9 days so thought it would arrive next week. So far good service on the HP-ATT site.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I just ordered mine 10 minutes ago. Free overnight shipping and activation fees are waived!!! I can't wait for it to come in.

Oh and it cost me $0.01 for the veer
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    I just ordered mine 10 minutes ago. Free overnight shipping and activation fees are waived!!! I can't wait for it to come in.

Oh and it cost me $0.01 for the veer
    I wanted to do it through AT&T, I'm sure thats how you did it. But they were out of stock of the white veer so i did it through bestbuy. though it would have been much faster through AT&T with the free two day shipping, instead of this 3-5 days crap through bestbuy.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k7brown View Post
    I just got my HP Veer in the mail yesterday!! It's quite small, but I am already loving it. Can't wait for the OTA update for SMS and TTS to work with my TouchPad!
    I have my Veer paired with my TP and they share the SMSs. Just missing TTS
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Z le pre View Post
    Forgot to mention. My Veer order is being expedited rather quickly. I ordered it today and now UPS says it's arriving tomorrow! I selected standard shipping of 4-9 days so thought it would arrive next week. So far good service on the HP-ATT site.
    I think you'll be impressed It's an amazingly speedy device.
    My Veer arrived, yeh! I ordered an extra usb/magnetic connector and headset connector but was surprised to find that my package included a touchstone charger AND a car adapter! What a great deal! I highly recommend the HP Wireless Central site if you are looking to buy a Veer.

I'm looking forward to using the Veer and also figuring out how it will work with my Touchpad
    Yes, I was very impressed with the speed and hardware. I can't wait to find out more about it (shortcuts, apps, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I think you'll be impressed It's an amazingly speedy device.
    Yes, I was very impressed with the speed and hardware. I can't wait to find out more about it (shortcuts, apps, etc).
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I got my veer today finally! So far I like it. I was surprised how small it was, compared to what it looked like in videos. I'm able to type on it pretty good also. I'm pretty impressed how usable this is, for such a tiny device. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Konner920 View Post
    I got my veer today finally! So far I like it. I was surprised how small it was, compared to what it looked like in videos. I'm able to type on it pretty good also. I'm pretty impressed how usable this is, for such a tiny device. :3
    The longer you have it the more you will get used to the small keyboard. The keyboard is way better than the Pre, and after almost 2 months, I can type on the Veer without looking at the keys or screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...