Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Switched from a Sprint Pre- to a Veer a week ago and am feeling very conflicted. I love the lighter, smaller form factor of the Veer as I live a very active lifestyle but it seems buggy compared to my Pre-. I live in CO but was in VT this weekend and 75% of my calls were dropped. Not sure if it's the phone or the network? Also experienced the overheated touchscreen issue several times after having it my pocket (but love that it fits there!).
    I don't want to leave WebOS as I find iOs and Android slower & more frustrating to use, not to mention I abhor the giant brick format. Maybe I should go back to Sprint with a FrankenPre? I'm still within my 30 days...
    i am almost to my 30 days and I am going to return it and buy a new pre- from craigslist and go back to sprint.

I love this damn phone but there are a couple things that absolutely break it for me:
    - I am sick of the overheated screen. Clicking it on and off all the time to fix it drives me nuts
    - I have taken several pictures that were really important only to find them not in my photos when i was done.
    - I am tired of trying to sync music only to have it show up days later.
    - lastly, and this is carrier related. I am tired of feeling nervous about my data plan. Tiered data is for suckers. I am going back to unlimited.

If I never get another webos phone again, i guess thats just the way its gonna be :/
    On the buggy screen, try carrying it in your pocket with the screen facing away from your body. My theory is that your leg is activating the screen through your pocket when it turns on for a notification, and it makes weird things happen. Face screen out, no leg to activate it, no problem.

On dropped calls, I have noticed that if I'm in a mediocre signal area where I waiver between H+ and Edge, I get a lot of dropped calls. The Veer doesn't seem to handle the transition between H+ and Edge very well while on a call. Not sure if that's true for all AT&T phones or not, but on CDMA, the voice signal always stays in the same spot whether you're on EVDO or 1xRT data, so this problem wouldn't happen. The weird thing is that if the AT&T signal was just a bit worse, you'd get a call through on Edge pretty easily in that kind of situation. This is the only sort of dropped calls I've experienced, and it usually happens when I first start the call. So I just redial, and the call then goes Edge, and it's fine. At least that's my experience in my little neck of the woods.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Oh, I should also say, the build quality difference between the Pre2 and the Veer is something you should consider. Most people who have held both (I'm not one of them) say the Veer is a nicer piece of hardware. But the Pre2 is not exactly huge so it should still be pretty pocket friendly.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I know with my pixi I can force it on edge or 3g with the touch of a button. If you can do this with the veer just switch it to edge before you call someone and you won't have dropped calls.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info on H vs. Edge. Unfortunately I know I had full bars of "H" with several of my dropped calls and they were dropped both early and after 15min of talking. I'm new to ATT and really wasn't sure if it was the phone or the network. On the other hand, I was at a National event where everyone and their kids had iPhones so the network was probably pretty taxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I know with my pixi I can force it on edge or 3g with the touch of a button. If you can do this with the veer just switch it to edge before you call someone and you won't have dropped calls.
    How do you do that? Is it one of the ##some code here## combinations that is keyed into the telephone dialpad?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    How do you do that? Is it one of the ##some code here## combinations that is keyed into the telephone dialpad?
    On my pixi I simply downloaded the preware patch "toggle 3g in device menu" but I think you can also do it with the app "quick system tasks"
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Wound up taking the Veer back. The overheating screen was a deal breaker- not willing to put up with that for 2 years. Now test-driving an Android and sorely missing webOS. So frustrating to need to find "the app for that" before you can do anything! Trying to give it a fair chance but really missing my Pre-