Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The HP site is listing the Veer at $50 without mention of any 2-year contract. And both colors are sold out. Am in misunderstanding something here, or is this a fire sale? And if it is, how in the world hasn't anyone reported on it? Every tech site is going gaga for the TouchPad's price cut. :P
    no fire sale. They are free with 2 year contract at best buy.
  3.    #3  
    Right, but the HP site doesn't make mention of contracts for the Veers.

I'm starting to assume that there is a fire sale, since the unlocked Pre 2 is also selling for $50. I'm just guessing they have no unlocked Veers to sell, so they're just getting rid of their locked ones to AT&T users who already have contracts.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Every webOS phone on HP's site is showing for $49.99 with no mention of contract, but all show out of stock.

May be some kind of sale soon....
    I believe they sold out before anyone knew they were on sale. A couple of threads here mentioned the sale but no one has reported buying one. If I had to guess HP had a limited stock on hand and that's why they sold so quick. I don't think any of the stores are demanding HP take the phones back so HP hasn't pushed them to fire sale the veers.
    Didn't know this

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Crap, wanted a veer :|
    Its really too bad, I was super tempted to leave VZW to get a veer after finding out that the Pre3 was cancelled for the US. Figure with my TouchPad always with me it would be a good fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    Every webOS phone on HP's site is showing for $49.99 with no mention of contract, but all show out of stock.

May be some kind of sale soon....
    No it's not. It looks like no contract needed but you will be force to select a plan for two years once you go through the entire ordering process. I cancelled mine up to that point.

Also, the termination fee on HP website before says $175 but the actual contract with AT&T is $350. It's not consistent information.

Hope that helps...
    if you click through it DEFINITELY requires a contract...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Ok, that sucks. I hope they do have extras that HP would be also willing to part with at a large loss .
    Well, in Germany there was a fire-sale, kind of. Got my Veer for 169 Euros, but that was even before HP told the world about Leo's fabulous idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Where are you seeing this?
    Yesterday my local Best Buy had a number of Veers, not discounted, and I stopped by today and they had removed the display and said they had shipped them back to HP.

Any fire sale would be very quick as I think HP was smart enough not to make too many of them.
    Veer seems to be sold out in germany... fire sale started only like 2 hours ago. Sad... I hoped I could get a second one... my first one is in repair right now.
    I just joined to let you know that over in the Pre 2 forum members were ordering from HP's Small Business line (1.888.728.9985) and getting Pre2 for $49.99. I called because I wanted a Veer and got 2 Veer's for $49.99 no contract. Just a heads up for you. Great forum by the way!
    Hi.

Thanks for the tip!

Could you buy one, and I'll buy it from you with a markup for your time? I have a shipping address in the US and I can pay you in USD through Paypal, but I live in the UK and so can't get one myself.

Could you help me out?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I noticed the price change too and need something to replace my dying pixi +. Hopefully they'll release some and I get to snag one off contract.
    Call them. They are indeed off contract.
    Just got off the phone with an HP SMB rep and he said the Veers and Pre 2's are all gone as of this morning.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast