Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Just spoke with them too and they said all webOS products are sold out. I so wanted to get a veer for $50!
  2. otgkhan's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #22  
    You thing other vendors will price match HP for the out of contract phones? All the vendors for TouchPad ended up honoring the prices set by HP
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by otgkhan View Post
    You thing other vendors will price match HP for the out of contract phones? All the vendors for TouchPad ended up honoring the prices set by HP
    I doubt it since those phones are being subsidized by the vendor and AT&T.

    At least so far I have seen no changes on BestBuy or Amazon.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4. lougw's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #24  
    Maybe they will send them back eventually? Seems the best chance.

    I debated trying to grab a second one as a backup, but was unsure if it would be worth it. Say I stored a Veer in its box for a year and then needed it. Would the battery be any good by then?
  5. #25  
    Could be fine, could have some degredation. We still use 4 year old Centro batteries in our Pre's and they do okay.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6. ap3604's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Maybe they will send them back eventually? Seems the best chance.

    I debated trying to grab a second one as a backup, but was unsure if it would be worth it. Say I stored a Veer in its box for a year and then needed it. Would the battery be any good by then?
    Thought of that too but lithium-ion batteries degrade regardless if they are used or stored (no bueno)

    I figured in 2 years either I can find a spare veer battery to replace it or that android, ios, and win phone 7 will be mature enough to make a switch...
  7. lougw's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Thought of that too but lithium-ion batteries degrade regardless if they are used or stored (no bueno)

    I figured in 2 years either I can find a spare veer battery to replace it or that android, ios, and win phone 7 will be mature enough to make a switch...
    Yeah, that is my assumption as well (that when the time comes I will just make the switch).

    Frankly I think I could live with another OS, even if it wouldn't be my first choice. I just hope in a year's time there will be something smaller on the market. The Veer form factor is what really has me hooked.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Maybe they will send them back eventually? Seems the best chance.

    I debated trying to grab a second one as a backup, but was unsure if it would be worth it. Say I stored a Veer in its box for a year and then needed it. Would the battery be any good by then?
    Steve Gibson keeps Palm TX's in shrink wrap in the refrigerator. Says they will keep indefinitely.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions