Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven't been home to check yet, but my wife is having a problem with her phone not ringing or getting SMS alerts today. Anyone have this problem?

She has never plugged the headset adapter in and this just started at some point today.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I often get a voicemail out of nowhere with no missed call alert and it never rang. Happened all the time on the Pre with Sprint too.
  3.    #3  
    wasn't that, needed a restart, thought she had done that without asking.... She has done it before so I didn't ask
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Yep, had that happen to me today. I wonder if its a patch that is causing it...
    Occasionally, but I can't fully reproduce, system sounds will go. But a reboot fixes it.

I'll notice the swish sound of throwing cards away is gone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6.    #6  
    maybe my phone is on silent so much I don't notice it
    I got my phone Wednesday night and have had my phone and the ringer on vibrate mode for the most of the time that I have had it (I've been at work; in meetings; or sleeping). Last night, on my drive home, I realized that i didn't hear a noise when I got a text message. I had someone call me and it didn't ring when they called, it vibrated (even though I the ringer switch was turned on) because my phone is set to ring and vibrate when I get a call. I restarted my phone and everything seems to be working as expected now.
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Rebooting worked for me. It would be nice to know the cause and have a real fix.
    This happened to me today. I didn't notice the missing system alerts/swoosh until after I had turned on Bluetooth (for the very first time) and associated it with a headset. I also rebooted my phone and everything seems to be working.
    This is a bug that I experience at least twice a week. I don't have any patches installed so I am certain it is a bug. Restarting works but only when you know the bug cropped up again.
    Yes this is surely a bug. Sometimes when this bug happened I use mute button to fix it. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't. Restart / Power off & on again is the best way to partial solve the problem.

Veer firmware surely needs update for tweak & bugs. But I don't wish much from HP which proven to be full of disappointment.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    There is an app available via Preware called Preset Reset that will do a reboot on a schedule. Once every few days will keep things running smoothly, and you can set it to happen while you're sleeping. Very handy.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    There is an app available via Preware called Preset Reset that will do a reboot on a schedule. Once every few days will keep things running smoothly, and you can set it to happen while you're sleeping. Very handy.
    I hated that app, tweaked things when rebooting on the touchstone. Nothing bad, but I had the Pre setup to turn off the screen on the TS, the reboot without being removed from the charger would result in the screen being on and I think I had another issue with it as well.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have this happen a few times a week, I thought it was due to headphones. I have to do a full restart, not Luna or Java restart, to fix it. So yeah, it's a definite issue. I agree that I won't hold my breath to wait for an update,
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    I have this happen a few times a week, I thought it was due to headphones. I have to do a full restart, not Luna or Java restart, to fix it. So yeah, it's a definite issue. I agree that I won't hold my breath to wait for an update,
    I can confirm it's not headphones. As I have had the headphone issue on my Veer and the wife has never had the headphone adapter plugged in (bluetooth).
    Happens to me constantly. It may have something to do with bluetooth, but it happens all of a sudden and I can't see any way to fix it besides a reboot.
    I am soooo tired of this problem! It happens to me at least every other day.

I was also wondering if it had something to do with bluetooth, which I use a lot. It definitely doesn't happen every time I use bluetooth, but I often notice the sound is gone after I'm done with a bluetooth call when I know it was working before.

I might not mind quite as much if it didn't take such a ridiculous amount of time to reboot!
  18.    #18  
    I don't think it has to do with BT. My wife uses BT far less than me, and to my knowledge I have yet to experience the issue. My phone is paired with at least 2 different BT devices 5 days a week, and at least 1 on the weekends (home phone and some form of car audio BT).

Then again with some of the random bugs it could be BT combined with something else, and I've just been lucky.
    I am missing all of my pop-up notifications from Calendar. Can't figure out how to get them back. I do get the lost sounds once in a while, a restart usually fixes that. Am missing the pop-ups though.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Has anybody checked data transfer? Had this issue with my Pre and could reproduce it: Happened when data traffic occured. Load a youtube-video and -boom- no phonecalls come in. I'm not sure if this applies to the Veer too.

It seems like a common problem with all phones and all carriers. Friend of mine using an iPhone had the same issues once in a while.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast