Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    having the same problem and its really ****ing me off as i'm missing calls, I just find missed calls. Does everyone with a veer have a touchstone, maybe its something to do with the touchstone.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    having the same problem and its really ****ing me off as i'm missing calls, I just find missed calls. Does everyone with a veer have a touchstone, maybe its something to do with the touchstone.
    Both the wife and I exclusively use touchstones, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I had that problem with my Pre Plus. When I switched to the Veer, I disabled the Voicedial with SDL Terminal and I never had that problem again. I'm quite certain, that Voicedial is the cause. There is an article on this topic on precentral. Hope that helps.
    In the process of selling 40+ Veers, I ran into one that did not emit notification sounds, but vibration worked. I doctored this handset, and notification sounds began working. Kind of a brute force approach, but possibly worth a try. Apparently, some handsets weren't flashed properly at the factory.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have the same problem , I just got the phone today and it happened 3 times!
    The phone has been out for several months now, and as this seems to happen to many people it seems unbelievable that they haven't fixed it yet. Ringing seems a pretty integral part of a phone. How didn't they catch it before releasing it.

I must say that though the veer has its nice sides, it's a pretty crappy phone. Am still using it though, for some strange reason.
    i found the cause of the problem for me, its NavIt, or more precisely one of the 2 liked downloads. If you still want to keep it and that is the cause, there an app in prepared called pulsesound restart or something like that which will restart the sound.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've had my Veer for less than a week now and ringing stopped a couple days ago. I found the solution by going into the Sounds & Ringtones configuration: the Ringtone Volume slider was set at zero!!!

I have kept the vibrate in mute so I could've gotten those missed rings if I had had it on I guess.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12