1.    #1  
    Hy folks,

I am missing Mobile Hotspot on my brand new veer!
    Its a european, german veer,2.1, which is sold all over germany WITH Mobile Hotspot.
    Normally the app is shown in europe under "Extras", where you can find youtube, too....
    But my phone dont has it....
    And, you can be for sure: I have an data plan for it!
    When i search in the app catalog: nothing.
    When i search for it over precentral, i found the app, but its shown only for the devices named Pre and when i tried to download it via sms-link i get the message that it not for my device..., and normally it has to be on the phone from first second .....

So what is going wrong?
    The "mobile hotspot" app was won of the reasons i bought the veer, and now its not there....
    Not on the phone, not in the app catalog, not via internet...

If somebody can help, would be nice, i dont now what to do
    Phone is all the way version 2.1
    This is one of the reasons why I am going to return my veer. I am using E-plus (Medion Mobile) and HP managed to somehow ask those guys whether they would be allowed to include the mobile hotspot application on the veer. All this even though I have a flatrate for notebooks (and am paying 15 euros a month). Basically if you use e-plus or one of the other carriers who dont want a tethering solution, there is nothing you can do (other than put freetether or a patched version of mobile hotspot on it).
  3.    #3  
    but....thats not the fact for me...i think
    i have an t-mobile contract including tethering...
    which was in normal use with an iphone....and tehtering works!

so where the hell is the mobile hotspot?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ulf.scheidsteger View Post
    Hy folks,

I am missing Mobile Hotspot on my brand new veer!
    Its a european, german veer,2.1, which is sold all over germany WITH Mobile Hotspot.
    Normally the app is shown in europe under "Extras",
    On my German Veer it's shown under Apps. I think it was there from the beginning. Bought the phone directly from HP.
    That's interesting since my veer had the same issues as the OP. It simply said the app wasn't for my model...
  6.    #6  
    It is not shown under "apps" or anywhere else....
    I bought the handy from a reseller, its unlocked, unbranded and the same as directly from hp or o2.

as an former iOs user i like the webOs very much! But without a hotspot it is an absolutly "no go".

So why is it missing? its the newest os version, where the hell is the app? Like an former poster said, itsnormally direct on the phone without the need todownload it from somewhere....

Nobody knows?
    Well you can either:

a) return it and wait to see if any updates will come from HP
    or
    b) keep on using it with freetether. I am not sure about the problems with the current version but you might want to try it out and see, since the author has indicated he has gotten a development veer and might improve it. I suggest giving it a try since freetether (for me) is more reliable on my pre- then mobile hotspot ever was.
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought this would be the best fit for my question: does anyone have an ipk of the mobile hotspot app for Veer? I too have a German Veer and it doesn't have the app; I already tried enabling en_US feeds in Preware using App Tuckerbox, but it doesn't find it there. I have tried freetether and it doesn't work with my Touchpad, so that is not an option.
    Hello,

installing the ipk of Mobile Hotspot on german/EU 2.1.1 Veer will not help very much. The app will olny allow you to establish unencrypted WLAN Tethering which you for sure do not want, even more if you have a limited data plan.

You have two possbilities:

1. Use FreeTether from Preware. But ... I always had problems with it. Sometimes it did work, sometimes not. Not very reliable.

2. Doctor your Veer with 2.2.4 WR version, following instructions from webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR .
    This MobileHotspot version just does works fine.

LK
    Thanks As I mentioned, Freetether won't work with my Touchpad (not encrypted, anyway - the TP sees the network as open, and won't connect), which is a pity I've been thinking about trying to 2.2.3/4, but I was worried about bricking my Veer and none of the benefits were good enough for me to risk it. This one might be, though. Does installing 2.2.4 install the Hotspot app automatically? If not, where can I get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterism View Post
    Does installing 2.2.4 install the Hotspot app automatically? If not, where can I get it?
    Yes, automatically.