Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By prdamrican#AC
  1.    #1  
    just about to walk out the door and the phone just bleeped saying 2.1.2 update is ready for download.

Installing now. Will wait to see what happens.

I'm confused, didnt they come with 2.1.2?? did I miss read it??
  2.    #2  
    ok looks like it's something to do with unlocked veers or something. all good I guess.
    If I recall, Anthony Thornton of HP said 2.1.2 was required for the SMS to work between the HTP and the phones... give it a try...
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My Veer says webOS 2.1.1.
    US Veers should have 2.1.2 from launch and europe (or only german? Or is this "the same", because the veer exists only in germany???) had 2.1.1 from launch.

I'm not too shure if an update to 2.1.2 is a good idea. In the bug thread there are some bugs that don't occure with 2.1.1 (my own experience and affirmed by other people), but the bugs from 2.1.1 don't seem to be fixed in 2.1.2.

I really hope there will be 2.2 for the Veer someday.
  6.    #6  
    What are the bugs? Seems ok to me. I just use it as a dumb phone
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    ok looks like it's something to do with unlocked veers or something. all good I guess.
    Mine's unlocked too, "Your system is up to date" @ 2.1.2.

Damn you, you got me all excited. I was so expecting the update and run out to get a $99 TouchPad...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8.    #8  
    Sorry im in australia, if someone is kida enough please purchase me a touchpad and ship it over
    TouchPads are still 399€ and 499€ over here in germany... if they were to drop to 99€ I would definitively buy a second one.
    If the Veer drops below 100€ I think I'll buy a second Veer, too.
    Will accepting the update caused unlocked phones to be locked back again?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Will accepting the update caused unlocked phones to be locked back again?
    No. Whether the phone's radio is carrier-locked or not has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the software on the phone.
    I think there are 2 revision of ROM, which I read somewhere.

1. 2.1.2 comes with Google Maps (Old)
    2. 2.1.2 comes with Bing Maps (New)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    No. Whether the phone's radio is carrier-locked or not has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the software on the phone.
    Thanks! appreciate your reply.