Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    so what's going to happen with the veers that people signed contracts with? Are we going to be stuck with them? Will palm profiles still sync? Any chance of them "making this right"? Just kidding on the last part....
    the phones will continue to work and the carriers will continue to support them.
    Palm is still supporting software 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I'm going to enjoy it. This morning I thought it was the best smartphone I had ever used. I am really bummed right now, but I still feel that way. I hope HP continues to support the software. I can't imagine even if they do my little Veer is going to be a priority. I am still glad I have it, and if they do a clearance might pick up a couple more just to make sure I have one for years to come.
    dgregory19 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Palm is still supporting software 100%.
    At least as of today. And I'd believe them. The Pre 3 is coming out this summer. I mean we're in this for the long haul. I mean QuickOffice with editing will be on the Touchpad at launch. I mean we're holding off on releasing the Touchpad until later so that it can be perfect at launch. I mean Enyo, this one is being designed to scale perfectly from small screen to large screen. I mean webOS 2.0 is coming to all devices. I mean you're going to get Flash shortly after launch. I mean Docs to Go editing is coming shortly after launch. I mean, Mojo, we designed this framework around HTML, CSS, and Javascript so that it can scale to any sort of display size.

... Aaaah never mind.
    It's just the hardware that they are tossing - they will be supporting the software yet. We shall see what next week brings
    First carrier to offer a good "jump ship" deal gets my money....
    its still usable so use it. just wont be seeing new apps rushing in.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    its still usable so use it. just wont be seeing new apps rushing in.
    Or any of the interesting features some of us got it for like Touch-to-Share and SMS forwarding to the Touchpad...
    dont have a tp but i do hope the still come out with the update for it. wont hold my breath on it tho

good thing the veer fits my needs as is
    For those of you stating HP will support software I am unconvinced. I am a launch day Veer owner and haven't heard of any updates to fix many bugs. What is their incentive to do this now??
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    For those of you stating HP will support software I am unconvinced. I am a launch day Veer owner and haven't heard of any updates to fix many bugs. What is their incentive to do this now??
    The wosOS software group is still sticking around and they have nothing else to do.
  13.    #13  
    yeah, i'm doubtful about the updates rolling out. I was hoping the sms delay would be fixed long ago. If a carrier wants to pay my etf, I'm their's.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I will continue to use my Veer on my sweet $15 unlimited data plan until LTE speeds are so great that I'll be forced to switch. Then I will move my Veer to another line I have, and use it as a WiFi-only phone. Who knows? Maybe I'll buy a Pre3 cheap, then keep the Veer as a spare, or move it to yet another phone line. Long live webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by croxall View Post
    yeah, i'm doubtful about the updates rolling out. I was hoping the sms delay would be fixed long ago. If a carrier wants to pay my etf, I'm their's.
    i think we will never see an update for the veer. but why the hell would a carrier offer to buy us out of our contract to get a different phone? they don't care about the 100,000 +/- people who own the veer, but they'll gladly sell us a new device for full price.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    very true, anyone want to buy a Veer?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Ask any Pixi owner who was upset at the decision not to update that line. There will not be any new phone upgrades down the line. The OS updates will probably come few and far between but only expect that your OS version stays at 2.x with no big news.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Honestly there is only one thing missing from my Veer/Touchpad combo that I still want, and that's the SMS capability between them. TTS isn't really a need, but would be cool. I am happy with them as is, will be keeping them since regardless of all of this news, they do basically all I need. I have playon so I already will have Netflix and the like.

So realistically speaking, to be totally content all I would need is an update to 2.2, and I think we sill at least see that, even if it is the last thing we see.

I love my Veer, and will keep it as long as it lasts.
    Use it. It's a phone. I'm keeping mine till all is shut down.

My data is all on Google so if anything I'll just fire up my old Symbian phone and all my data will be there.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I bought my Veer two days ago and while I'm pretty shocked about the HP decision I don't regret it one bit.
    It's still the kind of phone I want and if I had cared about 50000 apps I would have gotten an Android anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast