Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

just wanted to tell you, that in Germany today not only the Touchpad has been discounted, but also the HP Veer.

The price dropped from 399 Euro to 179 Euro without contract but with free shipping.
    This is -55%.

Just ordered one, because at this price this is a no-brainer...

Link:
    HP Veer, O2 DE, EU UMTS, QWERTZ - HP Store Deutschland

Bye
    Jozz and ahmad like this.
    Already bought one For 179 Euros (169 if you're a student) is a steal
    rot likes this.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Very nice price for an unlocked Veer.

I just bought a US Veer for $255 a couple of days ago.
    I hope they start putting this on prepaid. I see a great market for that.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I hope they start putting this on prepaid. I see a great market for that.
    on the one hand: yes
    but on the other hand: no, because prepaid users normally don't have data options and I think webOS without data connection is not webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    but on the other hand: no, because prepaid users normally don't have data options and I think webOS without data connection is not webOS
    Blau, fyve, callmobile, simfy ... They're all prepaid and offer 300 to 500 MB of data for about 10 Euros a month (differs slightly). After you used that amount you will set down to GPRS-speeds though.

I'll probably go that route when my O2 contract is up in early october. I barely call someone or write shorts. I only need the internet
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Then it 'll be more like OS.
    rot and Garfonso like this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just got one as well. My first entry into the smartphone world. I guess the palm strategy of pulling dumbphone users up works :-)
    guys, I am trying to buy one, the problem is I dont understand German, and I have an Aramex mail box in the UK.
    I think I am ready to move from my bulk N900 to something small and basic, + it has been long since I bough myself something nice
    A little help is highly appreciated
  10.    #10  
    If you want to buy one from Germany but can't, just PM me for help...
    PM sent..Thanks Rot

-Ahmad
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I got a mail telling me it should arrive Aug 15th but when I login to see the order at the HP website it tells me Sep 13th. Do the others who ordered the Veer from the HP Store have the same issue?
    I didn't get any mail with a delivery date Which payment option did you chose? I chose to pay with credit card.

Or maybe it's because I signed up for the student store and they have to check it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDDLMN View Post
    Just got one as well. My first entry into the smartphone world. I guess the palm strategy of pulling dumbphone users up works :-)
    Welcome But it's not just Palm's (or HP's) strategy - other companies also make small entry-level smartphones. The Veer is just the smallest with the most features, which makes it stand out a bit.
    Can anyone confirm that this is including the Touchstone like the description says?
    If so, it really is the steal of steals!
    Can anyone tell me where i can buy QWERTY veer unlocked? Been searching like crazy but could not find anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by gguile View Post
    Can anyone tell me where i can buy QWERTY veer unlocked? Been searching like crazy but could not find anything.
    US is the only place at the minute I think, but you'll probably pay import tax. I've been looking as well, HP told me that there would be an announcement regarding the UK release last week and a release probably before the end of August - I reckon they were confusing it with the Pre3 though... I'm going to wait for the official Pre3 announcement and if there's no news of the Veer I may opt for a US 1. My Pre- is starting to get a little tired.
    Phew. In the first link the store send me the delivery date was september 13th! However, I just got a mail saying the expected delivery date is the 16th of august. Yepp, that's tomorrow! Too bad I won't be at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    Can anyone confirm that this is including the Touchstone like the description says?
    If so, it really is the steal of steals!
    The store says "O2 branding" (the device itself has no branding and is unlocked). As far as I know there is a Touchstone included. I would be surprise if it wasn't.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm pretty certain there will be a Touchstone included. It says this on the HP Store website:
    "Lieferumfang: HP Veer Smartphone mit Headset, HP Touchstone, Ladegeršt, magnetischem USB und Headset Konnektor Bedienungsanleitung"

In fact the Touchstone was included in every offering I have seen so far.

In the first link the store send me the delivery date was september 13th! However, I just got a mail saying the expected delivery date is the 16th of august.
    So it's not just me. Most likely a glitch in their website software. We'll find out soon enough. If I'm lucky my Veer will be waiting for me when I get home!
    FischOderAal likes this.
    Ah, didn't think about looking on the store's page.

Good luck and have fun with your first smartphone You never know what you need it for until you have one xD

Even my sister has a smartphone (a Galaxy Ace). Too bad she didn't ask for my advice, otherwise she might have a Veer now as well ^^
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast