Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MDDLMN View Post
    I got a mail telling me it should arrive Aug 15th but when I login to see the order at the HP website it tells me Sep 13th. Do the others who ordered the Veer from the HP Store have the same issue?
    Same here...
    I hope it arrives sooner than this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The price has almost been matched at the amazon.de marketplace, so if HP can't deliver there's an alternative. Although I have a hard time believing the official HP store is out of stock (and fails to report it).
    Got a mail that says it should arrive tomorrow. At first it said 13th september as well.

However, according to someone in the forum of nexave said that there's the chance that all of HP's stock is gone... Today was a bank holiday in bavaria and therefore they could not check.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is this going EOL? I might try and pick one of those up for my niece (who is at that age when she wants a more full featured phone but she only had little hands).
  5.    #25  
    I can't imagine it's going EOL after 3 months. But who knows...
    Too bad I already bought one for nearly 300 €...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Is this going EOL? I might try and pick one of those up for my niece (who is at that age when she wants a more full featured phone but she only had little hands).
    Nah, I don't think it'll go EOL. Even if they only make a dollar or two on each device they will probably keep it around. Furthermore, they seem to sell quite nicely. I went to a O2 shop a couple of days back and the salesman said he sold every Veer he had.

I rather think they sold all the stock they had and we might have to wait until new stock arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by TechSchack
    So, komme gerade vom Telefon mit dem Distributor...die Geräte (Veer und Pre3) sollen ab morgen mit einem "Promo-Package" wieder im System sein. Der Mann konnte die für HP-Vertrieb Verantwortlichen nicht erreichen, weil sie sich angebl. gerade in einer Besprechung mit HP befänden. Ab morgen sollen die Geräte wieder verfügbar sein. Was es Neues gibt, konnte man mir noch nicht sagen: "Promo-Package kann alles sein, das müssen wir abwarten". Also warten wir es mal ab...

Quote Originally Posted by Translation
    Allright, just got of the phone with the distributor. A "promo package" of the devices (Veer and Pre3) should be in the system tomorrow. The guy could not reach someone responsible for the distribution of the HP devices, supposedly they are in a meeting with HP. The devices should be available fro ordering again from tomorrow on. He could not tell what the changes are: "promo packages can be anything, we just have to wait". Hence, let's just wait...
    Is this the right translation?
    supposedly = they claim to be ?!

Maybe the "promo packages" are bundles? Veer + Touchpad or Pre3 + Touchpad? For instance buy the 16 GB Touchpad and get the Veer for free. That would be awesome
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 08/16/2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The translation sounds legit, thanks for the information.

Well, the question is should we wait for HP to come through or better order from one of the amazon marketplace resellers before they are sold out?
  9.    #29  
    As I don't think, that they are EOL, they cannot sell out anywhere. The only question is, where you get them faster.

In the translation above, there is one mistake, it should be read: "The devices should be available for ordering again from tomorrow on".
    (not tha tsomeone thinkgs, they would both be "available" for shipping tomorrow)
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Hey,

just wanted to tell you, that in Germany today not only the Touchpad has been discounted, but also the HP Veer.

The price dropped from 399 Euro to 179 Euro without contract but with free shipping.
    This is -55%.

Just ordered one, because at this price this is a no-brainer...

Link:
    HP Veer, O2 DE, EU UMTS, QWERTZ - HP Store Deutschland

Bye
    That's really a great price for the Veer but it seems that we outside the Germany might have trouble ordering it. If I understood correctly the AGB on their side they deliver only to Germany . Eh to bad since it would be great smartphone to replace my Pre-.

Anyone able to help with that issue I would appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfranov1 View Post
    That's really a great price for the Veer but it seems that we outside the Germany might have trouble ordering it. If I understood correctly the AGB on their side they deliver only to Germany . Eh to bad since it would be great smartphone to replace my Pre-.

Anyone able to help with that issue I would appreciate it.
    See rot's post on page 1 of this thread. Personally I'm hanging out for a qwerty version... not sure if we'll ever get it in the UK though.
    Too bad the HP-Store does not send to Packstations. I'm barely at home and furthermore I'm currently writing my master's thesis. Otherwise I'd provide the same service rot does.

The Packstation would make it easy. I get a short that the package arrived and I can send it away directly from the packstation. Easy peasy.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My Veer was sent now, delivery will be made by UPS either tomorrow or Thursday! I hope someone in my house picks it up!
    on the one hand: yes
    but on the other hand: no, because prepaid users normally don't have data options and I think webOS without data connection is not webOS
    I live on prepaid in Germany for over two years and I have 1GB of 3G data for 9.99 € full speed and throttle afterwards...None of the contracts I have checked can match this...now it's your turn.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    I live on prepaid in Germany for over two years and I have 1GB of 3G data for 9.99 € full speed and throttle afterwards...None of the contracts I have checked can match this...now it's your turn.
    hm, seems I'm doing something wrong with my contract here, hehe...
    Ordered on 12th (?) at HP store, delivered on 15th. Bought it for the fun, thought my Pre2 is a lot cooler. Have to say... so far, this Veer is really a cool piece of tech. I like how damn ubersmall it is. For most of the time, it is enough for me. If I travel by train a longer distance or whatever, I'd use the Pre 2, but for daily use, this is such a cool tool.

<3
    FischOderAal likes this.
    My Veer was sent yesterday. Too bad I won't be at home Maybe I'm lucky and the neighbour takes it. Or someone else from my house takes it. We're currently six people in the same house Two Germans (including myself), one Romanian, one Turkish, one Australian and his fiancee from Thailand ^^

hm, seems I'm doing something wrong with my contract here, hehe...
    You are However, I was thinking of getting a contract with T-Mobile just for the WiFi Hotspots in the ICE But my recent travels showed me that the network of O2 works just fine. Sure, sometimes you'll lose connection but why should I pay a lot more? There are many good choices. However, you should check on which network the prepaid provider is. Personally, I would not chose one running on the network of E-Plus/Base.
    I ordered mine on Aug 12, arrived today. Touchstone is included. At first they said delivery in 48 hours, then Sept 13, then Aug 16, well today it arrived.
    Now I have two Veers First one bought for 300€...
    I was right My neighbour had it Unpacking FTW!

However, the package around it... *sigh*

€dith: Oh em eff gee. That's fricking small!
    rot likes this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just unpacked my Veer! So happy :-D
    FischOderAal and rot like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast