1.    #1  
    I received a free HP Veer from HP just a couple of days ago and I just have a few questions and comments.

First off, this phone is pretty awesome. Not only is it compact, small, it's built extremely well and it flies. I wish I could use this phone, but unfortunately/fortunately I don't have AT&T.

I put it into dev mode, skipping activation since I don't have service. But I'm wondering what I can do/should do with this? I was thinking I could use it as a Google Voice phone. Does anyone have any suggestion of what I can do with this phone?

Last question, is there anyway I could access the app catalog with this?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I received a free HP Veer from HP just a couple of days ago and I just have a few questions and comments.

First off, this phone is pretty awesome. Not only is it compact, small, it's built extremely well and it flies. I wish I could use this phone, but unfortunately/fortunately I don't have AT&T.

I put it into dev mode, skipping activation since I don't have service. But I'm wondering what I can do/should do with this? I was thinking I could use it as a Google Voice phone. Does anyone have any suggestion of what I can do with this phone?

Last question, is there anyway I could access the app catalog with this?
    After turning on Wi-Fi, run the Gesture Tutorial. It'll bring you back to the profile creation screen. After that you should have access to the app catalog.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    I just went through the whole Gesture Tutorial and it just ended. I didn't get to the profile creation screen as you said I would.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I just went through the whole Gesture Tutorial and it just ended. I didn't get to the profile creation screen as you said I would.
    I'm wondering if this doesn't work with the Veer. It definitely did with my unactivated Pre Plus on 2.1.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    Hrm... dang that sucks. Is that the only way to get catalog access on a dev device? I tried searching but my search results came out flat.
    Sprint Love
  6.    #6  
    Anyone have any other ideas?
    Sprint Love