Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I know that being on 2g usually doubles the talk time you have available compared to 3g.

Does anyone force 2G/Edge on their Veer with Quick System Tasks in order to extend the battery life of their Veer?

I figure you can just switch on 3g when you need it for a burst of speed for internet browsing.
    Don't you mean 4G~~!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Don't you mean 4G~~!
    By ATT standards... yes

I don't, but I do have the option in my menu drop down in case I need it. Normal days I am near a TS most/all of the day.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Really since switching from my Pre- to the Veer, kind of have forgotten about battery. It's really that good for me anyway. I leave it on 4g all day or WiFi when at home, and don't think twice about it. It's a great feeling
    I do. Most of the time I don't need the higher 3G speed, for syncing 2G is good enough. If I need faster internet I just switch using the menu (there is a patch for that).
    Psion 3a > Palm IIIx > Sony CLIÉ NR70 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Palm Centro > Nokia N900
    > HP Veer & Touchpad
    I'm using one on Telstra in Australia, and I actually leave it on 3G only due to network coverage (their 850MHz 3G network is far more extensive than their GSM900/1800).
    How are you forcing 2g or 3g?