1.    #1  
    Hello! I bought a Touchpad the day it was released and now I own a Veer on ATT, I love this little phone! I have a question, I have 2 Palm Profiles on my phone, me and one called "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" is this normal? I can't edit either account on my phone the remove account and change login settings are greyed out. How do I remove the "Dr." profile?

Thanks

Mike
    Did you buy the Veer used?
  3.    #3  
    No, At least I don't think so. I bought it new from ATT
    Try running the Gesture Tutorial.

Dr. Skipped Firstuse means you bypassed First Use (literally what the name says), and didn't create a profile.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    that's what I thought as well, however, the account remains. If I use webOS doctor will that get rid of it??
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mslavko View Post
    that's what I thought as well, however, the account remains. If I use webOS doctor will that get rid of it??
    Using the doctor will fix things, but you might try just doing a Full Erase first. That's what I've used in the past to switch between profiles.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
  7.    #7  
    Hmmm, this seems to have led to another issue, nether WebOS Doctor or WebOS Quick install see my Veer is in USB mode
    Quote Originally Posted by mslavko View Post
    Hmmm, this seems to have led to another issue, nether WebOS Doctor or WebOS Quick install see my Veer is in USB mode
    Check in Windows device manager to see if there are question mark devices.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9.    #9  
    ok, enabling dev mode on the phone has magically got webOS doctor working :-) hopefully I'll get everything in order now, thanks all the help, looking forward to installing a few mods
    dev mode is necessary for quick install to see the phone (I needed to relearn that today, too... always had dev mode enalbed in the past, so totaly forgot about that, hehe).

The doctor normaly wants the phone to be in the bootloader (at least the official), which is what you get, if you hold vol+ during a reboot.

The doctor usually does not touch profiles and user data, but restores the operating system. On the other hand a full erase will erase the profile and all user data, but won't help with problems in the operating system (manual modifications or patches or similar).
    Doctoring will remove profiles from the phone though. Hence the need to log in again after you've restored