Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am planning to buy a Veer in the US, bring it to my (unsupported) country and unlock it using digitalunlock.
    Should i buy a Veer from someone here in the forum, or look at Ebay?
    Correct me if i am wrong, the best is to buy an activated phone?
    Or a new never opened phone? I am not sure about the actual geo restrictions...
    I' m sure i can get useful opinions here!! Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    I would get it from AT&T
    I may put a Veer up for sale in a few days. I have one NIB but may be getting a Pre 2 instead. Should be getting my Pre by the weekend so I should be able to let you know by then.
    I am, therefore I think
    I know GFN has had success contacting US eBay sellers and having them ship internationally.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Not sure if it's a good deal but amazonwireless has it brand new with no contract for $350...

Also craigslist usually has them for cheap too if you live in an area that has a craigslist.
    It looked like AT&T had them for $0.01 now...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtravel View Post
    It looked like AT&T had them for $0.01 now...
    With A 2 year contact. I just bought one last week on eBay new for less then 200.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help!
    I will look for a Veer in Ebay and follow GuyfromNam instructions!
    I am not worried about paid apps, I will be satisfied with the browser and the basic apps (Twitter and Facebook).
    From what I understand, I can select US region being in Uruguay, I am right?
    From what I've seen I can get one on Ebay from under 200 bucks.
    Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by rtn79 View Post
    Thanks for your help!
    I will look for a Veer in Ebay and follow GuyfromNam instructions!
    I am not worried about paid apps, I will be satisfied with the browser and the basic apps (Twitter and Facebook).
    From what I understand, I can select US region being in Uruguay, I am right?
    From what I've seen I can get one on Ebay from under 200 bucks.
    Thanks again
    I'm going to try and activate my unlocked Pre 2 tomorrow afternoon with a t-mobile SIM. If everything works out, I'll PM you about the Veer; I'd sell it for $200 + shipping.
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I recently bought my new Veer on eBay. Currently they're going for $170-200. IMO, at a hundred bucks less, they're a better value than the Pre 2. I can live without the camera flash; the Pre 2 doesn't even have auto-focus.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Seems like the price on ebay is getting lower now,<150.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    I recently bought my new Veer on eBay. Currently they're going for $170-200. IMO, at a hundred bucks less, they're a better value than the Pre 2. I can live without the camera flash; the Pre 2 doesn't even have auto-focus.
    The Veer doesn't have AF as well However, I do think the price is a big advantage of the Veer. In one years time you can buy the successor.