Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By somline
  1.    #1  
    Happening right now...

As usual when I get into work, I put my Veer on my Touchstone. Left it for a while and battery icon went green, and took it off. About 10 mins later, phone started complaining about low battery and will shutdown soon. Rebooted the phone, and showed me the big battery low icon, so I put it back on Touchstone. Phone took a while and booted up, then threw me the low battery shutdown soon warning again, while on the Touchstone. I also notice it wasn't charging either. Took it off and put it on again, and it's now charging again from flat.

More as it develops...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2.    #2  
    And while charging, 5 mins ago it jumped from 14% to 100%. WTFBBQ??!!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

get dr. Battery from preware and calibrate your battery
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    get dr. Battery from preware and calibrate your battery
    That would be a good idea, but unfortunately calibration currently doesn't work for the new devices with the A6 chip (Veer, Pre3, TP ...). Dr.B can only be used to read the values on these devices atm.
    oops. well nevermind then...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    And while charging, 5 mins ago it jumped from 14% to 100%. WTFBBQ??!!
    Since Dr.B is not working on the veer I would discharge the battery until it shuts down.
    Then connect to the wall charger (no TS) and charge uninterrupted to REAL 100%. Use govnah or Dr.B to get the real value.
    hlbice likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Well I kept using it and it didn't happen today. I'll try doing this over the weekend.