Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    Got it! And love it! Its silly how small it is. I can't get over it!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Welcome to the dark side. Except my Veer is white.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes =D
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  3.    #23  
    I just wanted it to match my Touchpad. But dang, this little guy is snappy. It is surprising how solid it is, inside and out. Very impressed.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    glad you are happy!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hey guys. I'm about to pull the trigger on a white Veer on eBay (to possibly replace my iPhone 4) but was wondering if you've run into a lack of apps for the smaller resolution? I'm most interested in finding out if Gowalla will work on the Veer. Thanks for any opinions.
    There are fewer apps than on the Pre devices. Just checked, Gowalla is in the app catalog for free on the Veer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    There are fewer apps than on the Pre devices. Just checked, Gowalla is in the app catalog for free on the Veer.
    Thank you and thank you!
    It's mostly games that are missing on the Veer.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    It's mostly games that are missing on the Veer.
    I don't mind that. Ordered! Can't wait to get it. I played with one at the AT&T store earlier this week and loved it instantly. I was really expecting the display to be lackluster in color/resolution but I was very pleasantly surprised.
    We've had ours for well over a month now, still loving em, especially with the TouchPad for when i need a big display, hoping the 7inch tablet comes out at a decent price as that will be much more of an on the go device.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I just got my new Veer delivered yesterday and am very happy. Just installed Preware. Not sure why my WiFi settings for freeTether can't get beyond "Open", though. My Pixi Plus has been relegated as a WiFi-only phone on my other line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    I just got my new Veer delivered yesterday and am very happy. Just installed Preware. Not sure why my WiFi settings for freeTether can't get beyond "Open", though. My Pixi Plus has been relegated as a WiFi-only phone on my other line.
    It was doing that right after I installed freetether, rebooting the phone fixes. Keep an eye on freetether though as it has a tendency to not actually shutoff the wifi signal with the Veer (there is a thread or 2 in these forums about it).
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    It was doing that right after I installed freetether, rebooting the phone fixes. Keep an eye on freetether though as it has a tendency to not actually shutoff the wifi signal with the Veer (there is a thread or 2 in these forums about it).
    I've noticed a couple of quirks about freeTether on the Veer not present in my Pixi Plus. If it doesn't work, I'll need to restart my Veer. When fT does work, it tends to linger even though I've shut it off as well as the app itself, and it's not letting me set WPA2 security. Hope the fine folks at WebOS Internals can do something about these.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12