Page 1 of 13 123456 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 253
Like Tree21Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, a little background, I've been poking around webOS internals since the days of the first Pre.

    Some milestones include:
    • First Pixi overclock
    • Undervolted Pre-/Pre+
    • Overclocked TouchPad
    • All warthog kernels
    • Overclocked Veer (?!?!? maybe)
    • Various patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.
    • Linux apps such as nginx & End Overlord Monitoring aka EOM


    Since I do not have an app in the official App Catalog, there was a suggestion made that I make this a chip-in event with the following tiered goals:
    • $125 - uImage of Veer running at 1GHz released for memboot
    • $250 - 1GHz Veer shows up in the feeds
    • $375 - uImage of Veer at > 1GHz released for memboot
    • $499 - Veer at > 1GHz shows up in the feeds


    That is if you own a Veer OR if you want to support warthog kernel & patch development in general.

    Go here to get started >>>>> : http://bit.ly/pdy1m6

    I will update this thread with a running tally.

    [CURRENT TALLY]: $347

    BTW, here's a teaser...


    Last edited by codecrumb; 08/11/2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
    devil.insulted likes this.
  2.    #2  
    Thanks to GuyFromNam for the first donation as well as a GSM unlock code from DigitalUnlock (DigitalUnlock: Click Your Phone to Unlock it Now). The unlock process was painless!

    Can a mod please make this thread sticky? Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
  3. #3  
    Cool, made a donation. Running your latest kernel on my TP and looking forward to playing with the Veer (although mine is running 2.1.1).
    Psion 3a > Palm IIIx > Sony CLIÉ NR70 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Palm Centro > Nokia N900
    > HP Veer & Touchpad
  4. #4  
    Oh yes. Please OC the phone. Made my donation this morning.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
  5. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #5  
    Hope we can play with an overclock soon ! :-)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    So, a little background, I've been poking around webOS internals since the days of the first Pre.

    Some milestones include:
    • First Pixi overclock
    • Undervolted Pre-/Pre+
    • Overclocked TouchPad
    • All warthog kernels
    • Overclocked Veer (?!?!? maybe)
    • Various patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.
    • Linux apps such as nginx & End Overlord Monitoring aka EOM


    Since I do not have an app in the official App Catalog, there was a suggestion made that I make this a chip-in event with the following tiered goals:
    • $125 - uImage of Veer running at 1GHz released for memboot
    • $250 - 1GHz Veer shows up in the feeds
    • $375 - uImage of Veer at > 1GHz released for memboot
    • $499 - Veer at > 1GHz shows up in the feeds


    That is if you own a Veer OR if you want to support warthog kernel & patch development in general.

    Go here to get started >>>>> : http://bit.ly/pdy1m6

    I will update this thread with a running tally.

    [CURRENT TALLY]: $30

    BTW, here's a teaser...


    we must pay this price for ???? ABSOURD

    Jailbreak for iPhone is free .....and after ,IF you want can donate for it




    W UnixPsyco
    Last edited by wolfgart; 08/03/2011 at 11:36 AM.
  7. #7  
    No one is saying you have to pay anything, Wolfgart. But many of us appreciate the work of the homebrew developers and have donated and will continue to donate to help continue their work.
  8. bcoale#WP's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #8  
    Donation sent. Glad to support development for the Veer.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  9. #9  
    Donated, lets see the uImage.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
  10.    #10  
    And thanks to mikevember, here are not one but two uImages.

    1) db5 https://www.box.net/shared/j3mkq2hk33quu7z433a1
    2) db6 https://www.box.net/shared/t1pmg8v96tisbh21jzy9

    Questions about how to memboot will not be addressed in this thread. Please Google it or search the forums.

    Difference between the 2 images are some config file differences that I'm hoping to triage. Both work for me but YMMV. I would be interested in knowing which one or both work for you.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
    mikevember likes this.
  11. bcoale#WP's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #11  
    I'll have to wait for when it appears in the feeds. Memboot looks too complicated for a webos newbie such as myself.

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  12. #12  
    My Veer is the only WebOS device I haven't been dying to overclock--runs well, I think--but now you've got me tempted . . .
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post
    I'll have to wait for when it appears in the feeds. Memboot looks too complicated for a webos newbie such as myself.
    It's actually really easy. You just need to manually boot the kernel every time you boot the phone. It's actually probably safer because this way it doesn't modify any files on your phone.
  14. #14  
    Edit: Weird, it seems that after a few tests with Sunspider, I'm consistently getting faster results with the stock Veer. That's despite the fact that the db6 Veer feels much faster.

    Could just be something weird while I was testing, who knows.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 08/03/2011 at 11:14 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Membooting is definitely safer (no visit to the doctor required) while still in the experimental stage (which incidentally is why warthog is always going to stay in the testing feeds).

    jhoff80, that's good to know. At the same time, my personal preference is for a device that is smoother and easier to use rather than the absolute fastest on a benchmark.

    Did you try both db5 and db6? Did they both boot?
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    Membooting is definitely safer (no visit to the doctor required) while still in the experimental stage (which incidentally is why warthog is always going to stay in the testing feeds).

    jhoff80, that's good to know. At the same time, my personal preference is for a device that is smoother and easier to use rather than the absolute fastest on a benchmark.

    Did you try both db5 and db6? Did they both boot?
    Yeah both booted fine on my Veer.

    I'm thinking it was just some sort of inconsistency in testing that leads to the Sunspider results being strange, but I just gave up trying.

    Either way, the device definitely feels much faster with either overclocked version.
  17. #17  
    Just paypal'd ya $10... Would love to do more, but I'm a grad student with a lot of loan to worry about.
  18. #18  
    Just donated. Is there any information about this kernels and webOS 2.1.1 which is installed on my german Veer? US Veer has 2.1.2, don't know about other regions.

    Should I just give it a try? Worst thing that can happen during a memboot is that my veer crashes and reboots with the stock system, right?
    Last edited by Garfonso; 08/04/2011 at 04:06 AM.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Just donated. Is there any information about this kernels and webOS 2.1.1 which is installed on my german Veer? US Veer has 2.1.2, don't know about other regions.

    Should I just give it a try? Worst thing that can happen during a memboot is that my veer crashes and reboots with the stock system, right?
    I was wondering the same thing but I just took the plunge. Worst thing that could happen would be a visit to the doctor, right?

    On a German Veer running 2.1.1:
    Both kernels booted and are running at 1024 MHz
    db5 seemed a bit sluggish for the first minute, after that ran fine.
    Most apps run fine except for a couple of games (PDK?) which failed to start:
    • Rednecks vs. Aliens
    • Ancient Frog
    • Smiles
    Psion 3a > Palm IIIx > Sony CLIÉ NR70 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Palm Centro > Nokia N900
    > HP Veer & Touchpad
  20.    #20  
    I will mark the kernel as 2.1.1 compatible when it is released in the feeds so that should not be an issue.

    Did the PDK games fail to start for both kernels or just one? What's a free PDK game that I can install onto the Veer?




    Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    I was wondering the same thing but I just took the plunge. Worst thing that could happen would be a visit to the doctor, right?

    On a German Veer running 2.1.1:
    Both kernels booted and are running at 1024 MHz
    db5 seemed a bit sluggish for the first minute, after that ran fine.
    Most apps run fine except for a couple of games (PDK?) which failed to start:
    • Rednecks vs. Aliens
    • Ancient Frog
    • Smiles
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
Page 1 of 13 123456 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions