Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 253
Like Tree21Likes
  1. divStar's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #161  
    Well .. I see the UberKernel in the list of experimental kernels in Preware. However: if I try to install it, it fails. I tried uninstalling all patches etc. - it still didn't work. In contrast to that I can install the Warthog kernel, but then some applications - which do work on the stock kernel - don't start. I suppose this problem (regarding apps/games not start) only applies to non-mojo applications (at least it seems that Angry Birds for instance doesn't have that mojo-typical menu bar etc. - so it might be using SDL or something).
  2. #162  
    Post your ipkg log from Preware install of UberKernel after you've removed all other kernels and installed the Palm recovery kernel.

    -- Rod
  3.    #163  
    I need a consistent list of apps (free hopefully) that do not work in order to be able to debug. Anecdotal stories aren't going to be very useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by divStar View Post
    Well .. I see the UberKernel in the list of experimental kernels in Preware. However: if I try to install it, it fails. I tried uninstalling all patches etc. - it still didn't work. In contrast to that I can install the Warthog kernel, but then some applications - which do work on the stock kernel - don't start. I suppose this problem (regarding apps/games not start) only applies to non-mojo applications (at least it seems that Angry Birds for instance doesn't have that mojo-typical menu bar etc. - so it might be using SDL or something).
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
  4.    #164  
    In other news, I just pushed something new to the autobuilder.

    Veer now runs at a blazing 1.2GHz. No need to feel inferior. =D





    Also, if you own a Pre3, I will soon be doing the same for it. Stay tuned!
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
  5. #165  
    Codecrumb, i get an ipkg-error when i try to update to warthog17.. It says, Kernel is not compatible with my OS-Version?

    Sabro
  6. #166  
    I was able to update it. Still isn't scaling for me at all (well, at least Govnah's not showing that it is.)
  7. #167  
    @jboucicaut: Try this: Put your veer into USB-Mode for a short time.. Then look at your govnah if its scaling down now... This works for me last week...

    Sabro
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    @jboucicaut: Try this: Put your veer into USB-Mode for a short time.. Then look at your govnah if its scaling down now... This works for me last week...

    Sabro
    Tried it; it didn't scale.
  9. jopher's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #169  
    is there a specific feed that i need to add to find the uber kernal? it doesnt show up in my preware
  10. #171  
    well you guys made it a little more difficult to get to the kernels. No that's not a complaint. If I wasn't able to tinker with the veer I probably wouldn't own one. Anyways running WH 17 now. So far its run fine. I had to switch from performance to demand to get the CPU to scale down but other then that no issues so far.
  11. #172  
    Hello!

    I've got a German HP Veer version 2.1.1 - I allready added the testing feeds like descibed on http://testing.preware.org/.

    In order to overclock it I tried to add the 2.1.2 kernel beta feed. But preware doesn't allow it anymore.

    How can I now add the 2.1.2 feed manualy?

    Greetings from Germany,
    jo
    Last edited by dadenjo; 09/27/2011 at 06:13 AM.
  12. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by dadenjo View Post
    Hello!

    I've got a German HP Veer version 2.1.1 - I allready added the testing feeds like descibed on Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals.

    In order to overclock it I tried to add the 2.1.2 kernel beta feed. But preware doesn't allow it anymore.

    How can I now add the 2.1.2 feed manualy?

    Greetings from Germany,
    jo
    Which kernel is missing from the 2.1.1 feed ?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which kernel is missing from the 2.1.1 feed ?

    -- Rod
    In the 2.1.1 testing feed are only the ueberkernel which can't be overclocked and a placeholder for the warthog kernel.

    I've read that I should use the warthog kernel from the 2.1.2 feed wich can also be used on 2.1.1 devices.
  14. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by dadenjo View Post
    In the 2.1.1 testing feed are only the ueberkernel which can't be overclocked and a placeholder for the warthog kernel.

    I've read that I should use the warthog kernel from the 2.1.2 feed wich can also be used on 2.1.1 devices.
    warthog-veer 2.1.1 should be in the beta feed in less than an hour. An alpha version of uberkernel will be in the alpha feed in the same timeframe (including the TMC fix, but not compcache yet).

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/27/2011 at 06:58 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    warthog-veer 2.1.1 should be in the feed in less than an hour.

    -- Rod
    Wow your the best - thank you very much!
  16. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    @jboucicaut: Try this: Put your veer into USB-Mode for a short time.. Then look at your govnah if its scaling down now... This works for me last week...

    Sabro
    Started up fresh after a webOSdoctor. Reinstalled WK, finally scaling!
  17. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    warthog-veer 2.1.1 should be in the beta feed in less than an hour. An alpha version of uberkernel will be in the alpha feed in the same timeframe (including the TMC fix, but not compcache yet).

    -- Rod
    Mmmh I think something went wrong - I can't find it in preware (beta-feed 2.1.1)...
  18. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by dadenjo View Post
    Mmmh I think something went wrong - I can't find it in preware (beta-feed 2.1.1)...
    Yes, something did go wrong. The patches for 2.1.2 didn't apply against the 2.1.1 source code for some reason.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, something did go wrong. The patches for 2.1.2 didn't apply against the 2.1.1 source code for some reason.

    -- Rod
    Is there another way to install the Warthog Kernel on an HP Veer 2.1.1 or will it arrive soon in preware?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions